New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 03:46 AM
John G.
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy

Howdy folks,

Sometime lurker, from Santa Fe, New Mexico but I finally took the plunge and registered after finally going to my first PCA meet in Albuquerque. Eveyone I met there was exceptional and I don't have any doubts about this place either, so I might as well join the rest of the crowd.

So I'm 22 years old, been driving around a '77 911S Targa for three years now, and am beginning my journey in the world of Porsche. As in: really learning about how they run, what quirks they might have, and the rest. I already know they're a blast to drive, so I'm just going to be here to try and unravel some of the mystery behind the pretty face.

I do get a little wet-behind-the-ears from time to time, so you'll have to excuse me in my limited knowledge of the workings of engines and such. I'm also an unabashed lover of Porsche, and especially the 911 line. In fact, this past weekend I was lucky enough to drive my 911, a 964 Cabrio and a 996 Cabrio back-to-back-to-back on Friday, Saturday and Sunday respectively.

I'll get around to posting pictures once I figure out how to use this crazy thing. Thanks for having the community.

-JG
Attached Images     
Old 05-31-2007, 03:50 AM
John G.
Track Day

Woah! There's those pictures I was wondering about. Sorry about the quality, I'm on dial-up and have to sacrifice to be able to post them. 1977 911S Targa, 55XXX original one-owner miles. Second place in my first concours! And yes, that's me on the bottom driving a water-pumper under the beautiful New Mexico sky with a 944 in tow.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:18 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A big welcome to you John from down here in Australia!!

If you need knowledge and advice on your 911, you're at the right place.

I remember the good old days. I bought a 74 Targa when I was 21, what a car............Too many girls,.....................not enough seats
Old 05-31-2007, 09:07 AM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome

I used to live in Portales NM for a few years and my older brother lived in the foot-hills of Sandia Peak a few miles off I-140 near Alburquque on Turqouise Trail from 1978-1989

I remember visiting Sanat Fe a few times while it was starting to get "pricey"

John
Old 05-31-2007, 08:40 PM
JV911
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoideas
A big welcome to you John from down here in Australia!!
+1

G'day mate!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:09 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

looks nice with no front plate .... wish I could do that .. the local police have been handing out tickets lately..
Old 06-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

don't worry, I don't have one. my bracket was found on the front lawn after a wash.
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 AM
John G.
Track Day

Originally Posted by theiceman
looks nice with no front plate .... wish I could do that .. the local police have been handing out tickets lately..
Yeah, New Mexico plate laws are pretty lax. The government here is considering making front plates mandatory, but they're getting a degree of protest from the population.

Hell, New Mexico still allows game cockfighting to my knowledge... We're a tad backwards as a state.

But still better than Old Mexico!

-JG

Quick Reply: New Guy