Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Ram Air - Comment/which using?/price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 06:45 PM
PDACPA
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Post Ram Air - Comment/which using?/price?

I am trying to pick out a Ram Air for my 89 911 3.2

<a href="http://www.powerhaus.com/ram_air_filter.htm" target="_blank">http://www.powerhaus.com/ram_air_filter.htm</a>

That link is the one I am looking for (its under new products if the link does not work).

Performance sells one that is cheaper but Powerhaus claims that the Performance one is alot of fluff and had to pull some wording in their ad regarding hp gains.

Evo Motorsports and Pelican sell one at about half of the Powerhaus cost AIRETEK.

Does anyone have any of these? What is your opinion?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2002, 01:52 PM
John Brandt
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have that, and I think it's good for a few ponies. others will say I'm imagining things.

Sure looks cool either way.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:32 PM
PDACPA
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
It does look cool, but if its just looks, the cheapest is the way to go. But I was hoping for some performance increase (obviously coupled with some other modifications that I have done and am doing).

I cannot believe no one else has any of these?

Hey how much did you pay for the Powerhaus one? I had an email with one price, and they quoted another over the phone.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Chris Martin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are many threads on this type of bolt on upgrade. From my research most systems might produce a few horsepower if any, that's why there isnt a lot of talk on the subject. I think the biggest gains are sometimes better access to the engine compartment and some provide more intake sound, if you like that.

In Bruce Anderson's book he mentions a 3.2 with SSI's, matched muffler, chip programmed for this situation and a Mass Air Flow kit; net result 240hp. The starting point was 213. He points out that any modification to the intake/exhaust should be combined with a custom chip to take full advantage of the upgrade.

Quick Reply: Ram Air - Comment/which using?/price?