Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 wont start part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:07 PM
cabdriver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 wont start part 2

iceman....I tried jumping the brand new battery right now which tested GOOD when I bought it this morning and still nothing. I took the battery cables off the new battery and jumped the other cars battery directly to 911 cables and still nothing....HELP!!!@#
Old 05-28-2007, 05:29 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

i Am not sure if the battery has a fuseable link on these cars , but I would suspect the starter/ solenoid if all your connections check out.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:44 PM
dsmith
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a quick test for the starter. have someone try to start it, while you bang on the starter. you can put the tip of a long screwdriver or pipe against the starter and hammer on it while turning the key. if it starts, you definitely know you have a starter problem. make sure the car's in neutral, with parking brake and foot brake on, cuz you'll be close to a wheel!
David
Old 05-31-2007, 01:46 AM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

First we need to know if the engine is turning over or not. If not, do you hear a "click" when you put the key in the start position, or nothing at all? Do all the gauges light up normally when you turn the key on? If all the accessories/lights work, try cranking it w/ the headlights on to see if they go dim or not (ie if starter is drawing current). Also check the condition of your battery cables, especially the ground cable and where it attaches to. It would also help to know what year your car is. Help me help you!

---Chris A.

Quick Reply: 911 wont start part 2