Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Removing Tach WTF ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 02:36 PM
rentadate
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey ice, yes it does have the "dolphins" but I there are many more "entertainment" display options. I either leave it on the volt meter, or I leave it on the old school sound level meter. Its fun. display is stuck on dim so it can't be seen during the day. at night it isn't too bad either. It doesn't look like something that a porsche should have, but who cares? It was a Christmas present so I'm not one to complain.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:51 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

ACtually mine is the same .. I have the original for show .. but my cd player ( you can see in the picture .. ) is definitely NOT of the Posche design .. but it was 90.00 off fleabay and it's a blau so I am not complaining ...
Old 05-20-2007, 03:02 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Well As most of you know this porsche for me has been sort of a Journey. I got this car about a year and half ago have been steadily going through my list of projects to try and put this car right and keep it that way. The shift **** for me was somewhat symbolic and I swore that it would be the last piece I would change .. indicating the end of my Journey. When that happens I usually move on to another project car .. I have really enjoyed the Journey and although I am far from done I had an epiphany ..... I decided ...... screw it it looks ugly ....

I actually could not find an original at a decent price so this one I picked up at Hershey for 25.00...
Old 05-20-2007, 03:29 PM
rentadate
Instructor

well at least you still have your original. I ditched mine because a.) it wasn't the original one, and b.) the ***** flew at me when I tried to remove it...never have found those either....
Old 05-20-2007, 04:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

..check your roof liner :-)

when I took my shift **** off I did it with the roof out and had to go across the street to retreave it..
Old 05-20-2007, 10:26 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good morning Ice,

All this radio talk, I thought you'd like to see a picture of my current radio

I intend to update this one in a while for a Carbon Fibre one.

Last edited by psychoideas; 08-27-2007 at 04:33 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Now that is weight reduction extreme . I was in the car store today and they did have some really nice 3 gage sets , I don't think we need the water temp though :-)
Old 05-21-2007, 01:29 PM
rentadate
Instructor

I think if it was in the targa top I would of found it by now. But then again every time I start cleaning the interior I find some new plastic chip of something or other. at this point I don't think I can care that much for a 35 year old car. It is nice, but if it is missing some silly plastic pieces, eh...oh well.

I'll be sure to post pics of the paint job when it is done. It will be about a month or so. I'm paying a guy to do it on the side so it will be slow. after that I think I'll just pay someone to redo the wheels to match colors. haha, I found these wheels all over the place so they don't have any matching colors. But they do match...somewhere.

I wondered what other gauges I could stuff into my car as well....(ricer anyone?)...so i opted for just a stereo. :P

Quick Reply: Removing Tach WTF ?