Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Factory short shift kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:01 PM
951kid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory short shift kit installed

I was looking around for a solution to the kinda slopy feel of the '75 911, and did some searches on here, and came up with a few options, as seen here on good old pelican parts

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...pg2.htm#item12

Since the car will hopefully stay kinda classic and to keep the value on the high side as well as keep money in my pocket i got the factory kit M241 part # 911-424-931-00-M260

I installed the kit myself, though there were a few different things than pelican parts write up said, mostly in the fact that I had two push pins, instead of one and a set screw to hold the shift bracket, so it took a bit of care and some washers to keep the bracket centered in the housing.

I also thought the bracket was too wide for the shift lever, however i forgot that there was a set of e-clips to hold the lever in place, so i bent the bracket a bit to hold it tight.....

After all the little details were worked out, i poped in the shifter and a few new bushings i bought from pelican as well and I was off to the streets

the shifter feels much tighter now, I'm not searching for gears, just pop it in. the throws are shorter but not a huge amount, but the overall feel is great, just thought id write this up and encourage more to give it a try, for $200 i think it was well worth the cost ( I also managed to chirp the tires going from 1-2)

hope this helps anyone else who wants to get some better throws in there 915 tranny
Old 05-16-2007, 03:01 PM
arcsine
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is also a good idea to blueprint the housing when installing the shifter.
http://www.seinesystems.com/ShiftHousBluPrint.htm

Quick Reply: Factory short shift kit installed