Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

looking at an 86 491

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 07:22 PM
samsnead
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at an 86 491

I ve found a 86 M491 car, considering buying it. Had a PPI with a mechanic I trust, engine tested well, leak down 3%-7%. Has some minor leaks on oil tubes, needs CV boot on RR. Has some little things like seals that have gotten dry over time. Same owners since 95', odometer reads just under 55,000,they only put on about 25,000 miles since they bought it. They have receipts for the maintenance that they performed, but nothing previous. Has the owners manual with stamps that seem to support the mileage. Paint is probably 7.5 out of 10, had a couple of panels painted, I looked at the car under fluorescent lights which made it obvious. The left rear panel and roof has a bit of fade but looked decent in the sun. The car hasnt been detailed or waxed, the car hasnt been driven much over the past year, so I'm sure I can make it look decent with some compound and waxing. Interior is in decent shape, no rips or tears, the dash is nice and straight, only thing changed were the front carpets. It has the proper rims, 7s & 9s, the car was ordered spoiler delete, but someone put a turbo tail on it. I had agreed on 25K with the owner and started to get some money together. In the meantime I ran a carfax and it shows mileage prior to the current owners as being 70,000, they got the car with 29000. Don't know if I will truly be able to verify the mileage, not too sure what to do here. I figure that I will have to spend $1000.00 to take care of all the current issues, so at 26,000 I would be paying on the high side for a car with paint, but I can live with that if it is a 55,000 mile car. Any advice?

Thanks

Quick Reply: looking at an 86 491