Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Oil Tank Drain Plug-----Grip of Death?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:44 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,121 Likes on 802 Posts

You are okay ... but definitely use the note .. as far as you hoses go it will all depend which ones , as long as they are not hard lines you should be fine. Just take your time and see if they realy need replacing.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job changing the oil! No real good way to check the rubber bushings in your a-arms unless you take them out so make sure you really want to do that. I changed mine out with polybronze bushings. One thing you might want to consider is if you ever do change the bushings in the future, you will have to get the car realigned.

My PPI mechanic a year ago said my bushings needed to be replaced, but in retrospect I don't know how he came to that conclusion. They probably would have been ok. Now if I want to change my front torsion bars in the future, I would have to get the car realigned again afterwards.

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:53 PM
glenncof
Instructor

I suggest disconnecting negative battery lead whenever car is left in a condition that it should not be started for whatever reason.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:17 AM
wdonovan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I suggest disconnecting negative battery lead whenever...." and poking holes in the tires just in case. (sorry, couldn't help it) Isn't a note enough? Unless you have either 1) knockoff post-its with inferior glue or 2) ne'er-do-wells that may sabotage the whole thing while you're not at home. If you store the battery at a neighbor's house, who could guess which neighbor? (sorry again)
Old 05-08-2007, 10:24 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,979 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by KCPSG
once you get it out, install one of these...makes oil changes very nice. http://www.fumotovalve.com/
These things are great too (also sold by our host):
http://www.mainelycustombydesign.com...omponents.html
Old 05-08-2007, 01:08 PM
glenncof
Instructor

Worse case I would use vice grips on frozen/stripped plug on oil tank.

Notes 'should' work but the wife may sometines mis-interpet/ignore. I had a vehicle driven off jackstand with front wheel off when I went ot get a brake disc.

Quick Reply: Oil Tank Drain Plug-----Grip of Death?!