Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

wash water in air box?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:09 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default wash water in air box?

What do you do to keep the water out of the intake. ( '88 911 cab.)I didn't know the first time I washed it, and totally forgot the polybag tonight. It must run right down the snorkle and into the air filter. I have been puting a zip lock over it, but must be a better way. should I drill a drain hole in the dumb thing?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Well, I took all the above sugestions, rolled them around in by empty head and got on the freeway and drove to performance products. I got the k&n filter and Fabspeed airbox cover. butt-dyno and ear-dyno say wow. not earth changing, but what a difference in responce and sound.. it sounds like a giant vacuum sucking me into the future.

on a different note..... I walked out of performance to find a guy fondling my car. he drove in with a 1988 911 cab in guards red paint and black interior. he wanted to know who takes care of it for me. I told him I only had it three months, but it spent it's life in ohio. everything he asked I shocked him with my answers. it was the $20,000 price tag that really killed him. he was sure I was not telling the truth when I told him I got a new clutch and all related parts, new syncros in tranny, oil return tubes and all new "S" tube and all the clamps. he was sure I could get $30,000 if I just left it in the parking lot a couple hours. he couldn't believe it still had all four cornerpanels intact.

so I looked at his, very nice ride, close to stock, I could see a sterio and speakers. not forsale anywhere near 20.

made me feal good
Old 04-28-2007, 11:29 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you got a good deal!

Sorry I couldn't help with the water thing. Mine's a 76 with CIS, and if you see my othe posts, I'm not having much luck with it either.

It must be nice having a shop like Performance Products within driving distance.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

psycho, your avitar is what my car looked like the first time I saw it. the dealer didn't even want to wash it he was so sure I didn't really want it. we couldn't even tell what color it was. looked purple and green all rolled into one.

the parking lot review at performance was the first guy I felt really looked at the car. It was the first time I had two of the same cars side by side. I think I got really lucky.

Quick Reply: wash water in air box?