911 missing out - need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 04:27 PM
cabdriver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 missing out - need help!!

911 MISSING OUT - NEED HELP Need Advice:

I have a 1988 911 Carrera cab. Recently it has been missing out. I changed the plugs, wires cap, rotor & fuel filter but it still misses. It feels like its running on 5 cylinders. Any thoughts as to what the problem is and the fix?

I 'm pretty sure I put the plug wires back properly but if anyone has the cylinder configuration if facing the engine where is cylinder 1-2-3-4-5-6 i'll check it out.

Perhaps the O2 sensor needs replacing...injectors cleaned …let me know and thanks..bob
Old 04-27-2007, 04:46 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a miss in my 88 Carrera Coupe at idle and when I accelerated it labored a little. When i first started out when cold, it acted like it was flooding or running too rich until I cleared all the gas out of it. Like you I changed everything and finally pulled the injectors and had them cleaned. 2 were spraying perfect, 2 were spraying at 90 degree angles, 2 were stopped up and only dripping raw gas. Fortunately mine were repairable so I didn't have to buy new ones. If I have the problem or symptoms again, It will be new ones. A fuel injection shop here in San Antonio cleaned and reworked them for $100. Car runs very well now (like striped *** ape). How many miles on your Carrera? Mine had approximately 117,000 mi on it. I also changed the o2 sensor, but that wasn't the problem either. The injectors would be my suggestion since you have done everything else.

Quick Reply: 911 missing out - need help!!