Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Hi Flow Catalytic Converter Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:25 PM
early6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Flow Catalytic Converter Question

I recently bought a M&K muffler and I am very happy with it. However, I decided to by an Hi Flow cat to help enhance to sound and volume (I am not going to buy a bypass or premuffler). I have seen performance cats by GHL, Dansk and Fabspeed and they all seem pretty pricey. My local exhaust shop can install a Hi Flow cat by Manglaflow cheaper than any of the brands mentioned above (A lot less than half of some).

I don't mind spending the extra $$ if it will sound better than the Magnaflow, but I don't want be stupid about it and wast money if I can get the same for a lot less (installed too). Again, my main goal is to enhance the sound as I know performance gains would be minimal. Not interested in the bypass though.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Is "installed" a weld-on, or a proper bolt on unit? If you can't unbolt it don't buy it...
Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
early6
Advanced

I would not do a weld-in either. He is going to cut the flanges off the old cat to use on the new.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:50 PM
arbeitm
Burning Brakes

I had one of those Magnaflow Cat's on my 944...and hated it. There was so much resonation it made the car annoying to drive at certain RPMs. I had them do the weld on thing that your talking about and regretted it.

If I needed a replacement cat I'd probably be looking at the GHL model. Yes they are pricey at $ 450, but still cheaper than the OEM replacement for $ 1,600. (According to Pelican Parts.)

Quick Reply: Hi Flow Catalytic Converter Question