Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Heading to Hershey from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:08 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

I live near Harrisburg and I went to school in Bradford, PA. I have also driven to Niagara Falls a few times and this is the route I have always taken(Granted this is from memory):

From Niagara Falls:

190 South
to
219 South
to
153 South(Somewhere North of DuBois, PA)
to
322 East to Harrisburg

BTW, is this event really worth going to?
Old 04-26-2007, 11:14 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,121 Likes on 802 Posts

I find the 219 very slow , it is a truck route too so if you get stuck behind one you could be there for a while. I like the highways better with multiple lanes.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:45 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

about as direct as i could
Old 04-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Clipboard
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be it. Enjoy.
john
Old 04-29-2007, 04:30 PM
rbcsaver
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CN
I'm not from upstate NY but I can tell you the fastest way would be to fly. Hope that helps...
Obviously, you haven't flown, or shall I say, attempted to fly in some time.
Eventually, it will be faster to drive from NY to LA.

I was working the gate for our region (Central PA) from 0615 to about 1030 and saw quite a few plates from Canada, esp Ontario. Thanks to everyone for coming.
Oh, and I am personally responsible for the sunny weather.
regards,
Steve
Old 04-29-2007, 04:44 PM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Hi Iceman,

How was the trip? Buy anything cool?
Old 05-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ice, come on....give us #3,000, we're dyin' out here!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:11 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Drum roll please....
Old 05-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I think we are gonna have to set the tevo and sleep on it. he is lost in america.

Last edited by Amber Gramps; 05-01-2007 at 01:58 AM. Reason: I went over the line
Old 05-01-2007, 11:35 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Well Hershey was a good time but a LOOOONG trip.

I left Friday night about 4:30 from Cambridge. The traffic at the border wasn't too bad but some border guy decided to interview me for an hour so I lost valuable time there. I pretty well followed clipboards route but my GPS messed me around and I got off the highway at the wrong spot and ended up in a detour. I tell you hammering through those PA mountains in the fog and rain on HWY 15 is a real treat. a coupld of times I felt myeslf at the limit of adhesion as the highway sudently took an unusually sharp left or right. I had the big wing ( Caravan ) but luckily I had thrown some new Toyos on it the week before.
I got there around midnight. Next Morning i was in Bob Evans' at 6:00am ,. grabbed some breakfast and headed over to the swap meet. I got there at 7:00am and I got in no problem. The first booth I walked into an elderly man had a set of Fuchs 16" 7s and 8s... mint, really nice rubber on them too. I looked and he said they were sold... he told me he was thrilled because he got 400.00 for them .. I nearly fainted...

The others at the show were going for about 1200 for a set that needed refinishing, some a little less, some a little more. So i passed as I don't need them , it would have been nice to put the original wheels back on my car if I could score a good deal.
I really needed nothing but i do enjoy picking through bins of greasy rusty old car parts. My first purchase was from a book guy, picked up a copy of Petes book 8th edition as it is hard to get in Canada and the shipping and duties make it ridiculous.( 20.00 ) . Then I went back to the wheel guy to see if he had anything else and Ipicked up a car service bra for the back of my car ... what a score .. some other guy thought it was a front end Bra at first glance and put it down but I recognized the big square plastic piece for the compresor so as soon as he put it down I snagged it. (50.00) the thing is brand new ....
I then picked up some lexol Vinyl Cleaner for my " leatherette" interior, some p21S was and some p21S paint work cleanser for 53.00 total. I wanted a green dot Jack but i only saw one and a guy wanted over 100.00 so I passed. I picked up a 944 passenger rear lens for my depth perception challenged neighbour ( 20.00)
I picked up an aftermarket shift **** after not being able to find a used one for my SC which really surprised me. it was nice with the Porsche crest on it ( 25.00).
I picked up 4 stickers of different colours that I always get for my Caravan. It allows me to tell my Caravan from the 3400 other vans in the wallmart parking lot as it says " Porsche Support Vehicle " on the back. ( I trade my Vans in a lot so I need a few).( 18.00)
I picked up about 6 clamps of various sizes that I was missing in the yellow Zinc Chromate for my heating system. ( free ) . Some guy just gave them too me.
I picked up a can of super racing blue brake fluid that I absolutely do not need but could not turn down the 10.00 price tag.
That was pretty well it. I spent about an hour in the car Coral talking to other SC owners selling hteir cars. One guy had owned his 81SC Targa for 22 years. he sold it that day as I was standing their for 14,000 dollars. i thought he should definitely have stuck to his original ASKING PRICE of 15,000 as it was a deal at that price. It was really well kept. I met a guy who had just bought an SC and he was pepering me with questions. I encouraged him to join rennlist so we will see.
After that I went back to the vendors as that is really why I go. Oh I got a Klein screwdriver for my tool kit ... 1.00..... my price purchase,,,, don't know why , but I was just particularly pleased with myself.
By about 3:00PM people were packing up so I decided to call it a day. Got myself organized and pulled out of Hershey at 3:45pm. I let the GPS take me home and I had a wonderfull drive through the PA country roads. I got home around Midnight and my annual Pilgrimage was done.
I always enjoy going and really appreciate the alone time. I know a lot of guys get together and go down as a group but I really do enjoy just going to my own schedule and doing what i want to do. I am looking foward to next year and hope we have the same weather we had this year. I have been going their since it was held at the top of a ski Mountain about 10 years now and I am never dissapointed ... only in the weather usually.

ice ..

Quick Reply: Heading to Hershey from Canada