911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Can someone help explain this sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007 | 10:06 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

I'm not sure but I think it may indicate that an particular service item was attended to.

i.e. The Factory says to it's dealers, " The steering uni joint on Model 911XXXX may rub on the main wiring loom. Attach cable tie to hold it out of the way."
When the dealer does the job he puts that sticker on so that every other dealer that ends up seeing the car know it has been done and therefore doesn't have to make that specific repair under warranty.

Don't know if it's right, but that's all I got!
Old 04-24-2007 | 10:22 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

no way man .. I think our expalnations were WAY funnier ....
Old 04-24-2007 | 10:34 PM
Loaded
Addict
Rennlist Member

Annex/delivery sticker
Old 04-24-2007 | 10:42 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GothingNC
The numbers look similar to the numbers Curly used to win the lottery and the numbers on the Hatch door

John
Where were Larry and Moe??
Old 04-25-2007 | 12:36 PM
Dave Thomas
Racer

Yes, I work with things like this all the time, so let me try to explain. The base sticker is a rectangular piece of vinyl material of approximately 3 mil thickness, with a thin laminated brushed aluminum foil bonded to the front, and a full-coverage high-strength adhesive applied to the back. The markings appear to be applied with black ink pressed through a masked silk screen onto the surface of the foil, and are composed of vertical and horizontal bars which are of varying lengths, and which are sometimes connected to each other. There are additional marking components which are composed of lines of a particular width and radius, which are also sometimes attached to the aforementioned bars, but are sometimes complete within themselves. These markings are commonly referred to as “letters” and “numbers”. The entire printed composition may or may not be covered by a thin clear laminate. There also appears to be some random damage to the object in question, at the top left and at the right edge; source of the damage is probably a poorly-handled tool of some sort. The significance of the content of the markings is unknown, although there could be a reference to a commonly used emergency telephone number, or to the unfortunate events which took place in New York City in September of 2001. Apparently something also spoiled along the way. There also appears to be another smaller sticker of similar manufacture applied over the original sticker. Hope this helps!
Old 04-25-2007 | 12:52 PM
greenjt
Racer

Finally, a definitive answer. Makes complete sense to me.
Old 04-25-2007 | 01:07 PM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Reminds me of a story.....

The Engineer and the Manager

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts: "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below says: "Yes. You are in a hot air balloon, hovering approximately 30 feet above this field. You are between 40 and 42 degrees N. latitude, and between 58 and 60 degrees W. longitude."

"You must be an engineer," says the balloonist.

"I am," replies the man. "How did you know."

"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost."

The man below says "You must be a manager."

"I am," replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," says the man, "you don't know where you are, or where you are going. You have made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in the exact same position you were in before we met, but now it is somehow my fault."
Old 04-25-2007 | 03:41 PM
nyne11
Rennlist Member

Default What can I say!

I surrender!
Old 04-25-2007 | 04:10 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

the real question is what is on the sticker under this set of 3 stickers? I'm going with right hand drive, optional item, build sheet.

Quick Reply: Can someone help explain this sticker?