Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Elephant Polybronze Bushing Question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:30 AM
SC4DnP
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elephant Polybronze Bushing Question.

In the process of replacing the rear springplate bushings and now have a problem. With the new bushings installed the bottom two bolt holes don't line up. If you pull the bracket out to line up all 4 then the plate binds up. I've switched sides and still the same thing.
Any ideas about how to get all 4 bolts to line up without the binding?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 03:07 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Doug,

I don't know but I am interested to see how this goes. I have PB in the fronts but not the backs. Can you post photos of what this upgrade takes to do?

If you don't find the answer here, try on pelican tech board because the Elephant owner Chuck Moreland posts there all the time. His handle is the same as his name. Or try PM'ing him.

Good luck bud.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:48 PM
SC4DnP
Instructor

Hi James,

Thanks for the info. With your talent you can do this. It's a little intimidating at first but looking back it wasn't that bad until I got to this part. I'll look through the pics I have butI didn't do nearly as good a job as you've done taking pictures of all the details.

Missed you at the race track last weekend. It turned out to be a good day Saturday and we finished second in class. Not bad for the first time at that track.

Take care,
Doug
Old 04-23-2007, 09:57 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd contact Chuck if you're having issues, but are you using all of the spacers? Near the bottom of this thread, you can see a pic of my setup, and you can see the black (1/8"?) spacers, and also the longer spacer on the lower "rearward" bolt. Good luck!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...ight=jack+pads

Keith
'88 CE coupe

edited: PS: I just saw a post on Pelican that Chuck's just had a baby, so he might incognito for a while....Congratulations Chuck!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:24 PM
red911 Targa
Advanced

Hi Doug,

I have replaced the rubber bushings in my 1966 911 rear trailing arms with the ERP bushings, and they lined up perfectly. Perhaps the torsion bar has taken a set and that is throwing off your bolt holes? I could move the torsion bars in and out of the tube and eventually had to just measure each side to make sure they were in the proper location, as I had upgraded to 27 mm bars.

I also agree that Chuck is willing to assist us in any way to make your installation a success.

Tom
Old 04-24-2007, 09:15 PM
SC4DnP
Instructor

Thanks for all the help.
I wound up pulling the inside bushing out then recalking and putting it back together "wet" to dry lined up. That seems to have helped. Also wound up using one of the spacers supplied and one "specialty" washer that is only 1mm thick.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Elephant Polybronze Bushing Question.