Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Targa's and Golf Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:18 PM
zorro1car
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have put my clubs in the trunk with my shoulder bag......I have a 80 Targa. I have regular length clubs with a Ping driver....the driver makes it tight...
Old 05-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Rick K
Rennlist Member

W/ my old '80SC coupe, I used to take the clubs out of the bag, put them behind the seats, and throw the bag up front in the trunk. Huge pain but effective. Although, if you have a "large" golf bag, probably won't work.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Laifman
I too have heard the clubs were supposed to fit in the trunk...
Keep in mind, all, that when the 911 was designed, golf clubs were a lot smaller, as were the bags. But as the years wore on, the bags got bigger and the trunks got more crowded with things like brake boosters. But I do remember, when I bought my golf bag (way back when), I asked if I could take it outside and see how it would fit in my 911 (when I had the '84 Turbo Look). It did...barely. But then I put clubs in it and...not so much. But it did fit in the back seat just fine.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:58 PM
steve911
Addict
Rennlist Member

I was able to put a light weight carry bag in the trunk of my Targa until I put an Elephant strut brace in.
Two sets of clubs in the back with seats folded down is a no-brainer. I have one of the ABS shelf things (forget what the real name is) that sits on top of the folded down rear seats - protects the carpets from scuffs when carrying stuff and I rarely if ever have anyone in the back seat anymore.

Quick Reply: Targa's and Golf Clubs