Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Car Audio Innovations Subwoofer Panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:13 PM
early6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Audio Innovations Subwoofer Panel

Just wanted to let everyone know that if they are adding subwoofers to their system, consider Car Audio Innovations. I bought one of their subwoofer panels with JL 8" woofers on ebay. I had been to their website and was considering purchasing but had not made the jump. I was a little skeptical about the sound because it was a panel and not a sealed enclosure. I saw one on ebay and the price was right, so I bought it.

I did not have any info as far as proper install, hardware etc. I contacted Rod at Car Audio Innovations via email and explained to him how I purchased one of his panels and asked for any tips. He got right back to me and said he was happy to help and let me know that he was sending out install instructions and mounting hardware free of charge!

The panel is in, the fit is perfect (after reading install tips) and the sound is great. It nice to see someone support their product, regardless of where it was purchased. Thanks Rod!

Just though I would pass on the info.

Cheers!
Old 04-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Brad W
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year model did you put it in? and where does it go? Do you have any pics of your install?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:43 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to hear good things about this site sponsor.

I too have a question: How does it attach?

btw Their Site

Ian
Old 04-07-2007, 05:28 PM
early6
Advanced

Here is a pic. However, the link that imcarthur has on his reply shows you a great shot. Mine is Black and did not show up as well. The bottom edge of panel has a hinge on each side that you screw into floorboard. The top edge has a small bracket the screws into the pan beneath the rear seat on each side. Bye the way, if anyone does go this route, I highly recommend the use of Acousta-stuf fiber filler. I installed panel without first. When I got the Acousta-stuf and installed it, it really made a difference. Made the bass sound tighter and more responsive.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2007, 05:48 PM
jlb_94611
Rennlist Member

Interesting comment on the Acousta-stuf fiber filler. Did you send Rod a note how the sound was better? I'm in the Sacramento area and have this bazooka sub crap I'd like to replace it with this. My issue is most of the time I listen to the sound of the engine and the audio upgrades can be pricy.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:25 PM
early6
Advanced

Yes, it can be pricey. I did not go crazy with my system and I am into it for about $2,700+. I like to listed to the engine myself. But you can't beat driving on a sunny day with the top off and having one of your favorite tunes playing.

Last edited by early6; 04-08-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:35 PM
rentadate
Instructor

that's good to know. thanks for the input. I'll keep them in mind when I'm shopping for stereo upgrades.

Quick Reply: Car Audio Innovations Subwoofer Panel