Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Slow Window... Please Help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007 | 03:24 PM
early6
Advanced

Default Slow Window... Please Help.

I have an 88' Targa and the passenger window goes down at normal speed, but goes up slow. It has been this way for a while, no weird noises or anything, just goes up slow. Is motor dying? Or is there something that I can grease, lub etc. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-03-2007 | 03:52 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Tough problem to help with, but usually a slow window is because something is binding. On a Targa the problem becomes even worse because virtually everything that can bind is inside the door. I think that it might be panel-off time.
Pete
Old 04-03-2007 | 05:03 PM
oto60
Advanced

I had have the same problem, but only when the temperature is cold. When its warm it operates normal. I think it is a binding issue and temperature makes a difference. I am going to open up my panel also to see what the problem may be
Old 04-03-2007 | 05:51 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

My 77 use to do that. I would spray some silicon in the side tracks every couple of months and really helped.
Old 04-03-2007 | 06:43 PM
early6
Advanced

Weather has no effect. It does it warm or cold. I guess I will take the panel off and take a look. JIMQ mentioned spraying the side tracks. I am assuming I need to take panel off to do this??
Old 04-03-2007 | 09:55 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by early6
Weather has no effect. It does it warm or cold. I guess I will take the panel off and take a look. JIMQ mentioned spraying the side tracks. I am assuming I need to take panel off to do this??
No I just sprayed the track with the window open using the straw that comes with the spray can. Run the window up and down when doing it. Not a "fix" but it worked for me. You may need to replace the side tracks.
Old 04-04-2007 | 10:03 AM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

Check the window track's lining. Its rubber with a felt covering to help the glass glide. If the felt's wearing it begins to rub the rubber on the glass that doesn't slide as well. That will then burn up the motor because its working harder to push it up. The other thing to check for are the guides on the regulators. If they're worn the window can **** slightly in the track, which will then wear the felt, and so on and so on and so on....

Quick Reply: Slow Window... Please Help.