Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

heat exchangers spotless, cat and muff ugly

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:29 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

I have the original HEs and they are rusted to Crapola, I would change them if I thought I would not bust a stud in the head . I took off everything after the HEs with a dremmel , die cut off tool and an impact gun. I replaced all the gaskets and put new stainless bolts on, I resprayed my bypass black.
I do need new orange hoses that run from the HE to the flapper box, the old ones are intact, they are just lookin' really tired from 30 years under the car. While I was in their I removed all the old plumbing for the old smog pump and plugged the holes. If I ever do get the HEs off I will replace the oil return tubes as they will satart leaking next, I have all the seals for the rockershafts and new cover gaskets , I even have the seals and gaskets for the chain box to cam tower leak, but that is a LOT of work ... hell I think I iwll just drive the thing for a while.

I do have a spare muffler hanging in the garage but it is as rusted as my original. :-)
Old 04-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

So, i guess it's isn't time to put a led zepplin tape in and drive her of a cliff? thanks guys, this is really my only point of worry on the car right now. If you guys are cool with it than so am I. I was kinda hoping someone would suggest I send it to a supercharger for a little force feeding.

douglas

'88 911 cab ven blue met
Old 04-04-2007, 05:14 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

just get in and drive ....

Quick Reply: heat exchangers spotless, cat and muff ugly