Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Woohoo! Found my PO today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 11:06 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Woohoo! Found my PO today!

After doing some research on the extinct company that imported the car from Canada many years ago, I came to a dead end.
Today, I hit pay dirt. I went to see about getting a personalized licence plate, and discovered that the dealer I bought the car from hadn't filed the paperwork for the title transfer yet...they have 45 days.
I glanced at the monitor and could read the first name, but not the last name. When I got home, I called a friend who assisted with the search. And sure enough, he came back with a name that was still registered to the car.
I looked him up, and gave a call.

He'd been expecting my call, it seems, as he'd mentioned something about giving the dealer permission to pass on the info...and I had done the same, but they never had contacted him! (Although they told ME that they did!)

He's a 64 year old guy who builds muscle cars, and traded the '85 and a Corvette in on a '99 911.
He's still got paperwork for this car, which hey says he will try to send off tomorrow before they leave for a trip to Reno. He loved the car, owned it for two years, and says he bought it from a guy who was a PCA member. Still in touch with him on occasion, although his PO is no longer part of PCA....he'll try to put me in touch with him, too, so I can research farther down the line.
He's done autocross and stuff a long time ago.

Guy seems like an outstanding person. When they get back from Reno, I may invite him and his wife out to dinner, and if he's interested in becoming a PCA member to join the fun, I may spring for a PCA membership for him and his wife, as my way of saying Thanks for taking such good care of the car!

Funny thing is, the dealer told him the car had sold. For $20k...not the $22k I paid for it. Dealer told me the slight rocker panel damage was done on thier lot...PO told me it was liek that before he traded it in. Dealer left a bad taste in his moiuth overall...they tried to screw him on the dealer withthe Corvette...

I'm still looking into what happened to the company in WA that imported the car from Canada. Framaro Imports. They're no longer around. They converted the Kilometers to Miles and replaced the speedo with an American one. I'd love to try to find the original KMS speedo, spin it up to the correct odometer reading, and put it back in the car!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great story!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:58 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Originally Posted by Paul Kennington
Great story!
It is. He called last night and said he'd gotten everything together and will be sticking it in the mail. He'll try to get me in touch with the other owners as well...maybe somehow, someone still has that original Speedo.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with it! Is the PO familiar with the Rennlist/Pelican forums?

Cheers,

Paul.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that;s a happy ending!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:28 AM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Originally Posted by Paul Kennington
Good luck with it! Is the PO familiar with the Rennlist/Pelican forums?

Cheers,

Paul.
Unfortunately, no. He's a non-computer guy.

Will report back when those papers arrive
Old 04-01-2007, 08:21 AM
jeffnudd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats great news, i had made a similar phone call with my PO and he was very very helpful.
When i rang him he said he had everything and would throw it in the post ASAP, funny thing is he didnt and he went to Thialand for four weeks, but i didnt know this and was ringing and ringing but then the panick started to set in.
Eventually i managed to get hold of him and he said he was sorry for not letting me know and would post the info off to me.
Sure enough the next couple of days i have a wopping great envelope bursting out the seams with tons of invoices, drivers manual and service book stamped rightup to when i purchased it along with a £1200 invoice for service repairs for discs and pads Targa top re-trim etc etc.

You can imagine i was chuffed to bits.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:08 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Originally Posted by jeffnudd
..... drivers manual and service book stamped rightup to when i purchased it along with a £1200 invoice for service repairs for discs and pads Targa top re-trim etc etc.

You can imagine i was chuffed to bits.
I don't have the Service Manual with this car, unfortunately. It's one of the things I'm on the hunt for...perhaps he's got it.

The wierdest thing....most of the cars I had looked at had thier service manuals, but almost all of them had no more than three or four dealer stamps.

Quick Reply: Woohoo! Found my PO today!