Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Cabriolet top dash light

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Tarheelexec
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabriolet top dash light

I think I read awhile back about the problem of the Cab top dashboard light coming on and staying on.....Mine comes on and goes off periodically when the top is down. What the story with this....Do I need this (warning light) for anything. How do I get it to go off and stay off. Can it be disconnected...I really don't see a purpose for it.....I know when the top is up or down !
Old 03-16-2007, 12:26 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL, this light is pretty useless. When I picked up my 88 cab 6 years ago, the light was disconnected. But I was determined to fix every little thing on the car (including this light) only to find that it, not the top, behaves erratically. The light is supposed to cycle everytime you turn the ignition on. I.E. start the car the light will come on and then go off indicating that the top is either fully up or fully down. If somewhere in between, the light will stay on. In reality however, when the top is fully up or fully down it sometimes stays on. In these instances, simply 'bump' the top up and then down (or down and then up) and the light will go back to sleep for while until it happens again. Or pull the recepticle out of the dash, remove and cap the wires since they will still be live. Safer still to just remove the bulb.

Brgds, Peter
Old 03-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Tarheelexec
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Peter, thanks for your note....At least I am not crazy with this light (although it is making me so)
Do you know where the activation switch (replay) is for it ? I suspect the problem is in that switch not the dash light.

If all else fails. I'll just remove the bulb, like you suggested.......Don
Old 03-17-2007, 07:53 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I never looked that far into it. I was thinking the likely culprit was the sensor or contact but I don't know where that is either :-) I guess it has been deprioritized while I did my top and clutch and windshield and dash and and and....... soon it will be the only issue and get into it further.

If you find out let me (us) know!!

Brgds, Peter

Quick Reply: Cabriolet top dash light