Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

82 SC few questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 10:44 AM
ccoleymd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 82 SC few questions

1. Rough idle. Initially the car starts fine, and once warm, idles fine, but if I were to shut it down and restart, idle is rough acting like it wants to stall, but doesn't.
2. Is there a dipstick to check the transmission fluid on these cars? I am wanting to change the fluid to Swepco(?sp).
3.Engine seems a little noisy when cold, mild knocking noise, which clears when warm.
Is it time for a tune up? Any suggestions?
Old 10-01-2002, 12:26 PM
Steve Wilwerding
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ccoleymd:
1. Rough idle. Initially the car starts fine, and once warm, idles fine, but if I were to shut it down and restart, idle is rough acting like it wants to stall, but doesn't.

Pretty common problem. If you really want to fix it, check the cold start valve - I guess that's usually the cause.

2. Is there a dipstick to check the transmission fluid on these cars? I am wanting to change the fluid to Swepco(?sp).

No dipstick - take out the top plug and put your finger in. If you can feel fluid, the transmission is full. If you can't feel fluid, top it off. And yes, Swepco 201 is the standard for 915 transmissions (as in your SC).

3.Engine seems a little noisy when cold, mild knocking noise, which clears when warm.
Is it time for a tune up? Any suggestions?

Not sure about this - maybe time to adjust the valve gaps? Or, perhaps related to the cold start valve.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:37 PM
ccoleymd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you.

Quick Reply: 82 SC few questions