Thunk - thunk - thunk

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002 | 04:42 AM
snevman
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Thunk - thunk - thunk

Greetings,

I purchased my 89 911 Carrera 3.2 about a month ago after an 18 month search. I asked a lot of questions, read a lot of books and gained quite an education from this board.

I had a pre-purchase inspection done before I purchased the car. A-1, no problems.

Now, one month later, as I was backing out of my garage this morning I turned the wheel hard to the left, all the way. This is when the dreaded thunk - thunk - thunk appeared. It seems to be coming from the right front tire, but only while going backwards.

I would appreciate any insight from those of you that have suffered through this condition or can offer any advice on what it may or may not be.

I have some engine experience but not much with suspensions. I am not sure what it may be and am quite hesitant to guess, but before I take it to my mechanic I would like to have a little help from this board.

Thanks for your time.

Scott Nevins
Old 11-10-2002 | 06:32 PM
Matt Chamblin
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does it happen only when the wheel is turned? If so you might be rubbing your wheel on the fender lip, if the car is lowered or has larger wheel/tires.

Quick Reply: Thunk - thunk - thunk