Bought some Fusion tires today

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by srf506
Loaded,
If the Goodyear F-1s are the best you've ever used than they must've really improved them since I had a set in 1996. They lasted exactly 18,000 miles, and they were bald when I took them off. Always kept them inflated properly, rotated and balanced every 5k miles. Had great dry traction but in the wet here in Florida they were like driving on ice, even when new. I went with Yokohamas for a while after that. They were good, but expensive. Tried a set of Kuhmos, they were good tires but they flat-spotted at the drop of the brake pedal and were really skittish feeling. I'm running Fusion ZRis now, and so far, pretty good. We just haven't gotten into "monsoon" season here yet.
Uh, Hello....I'm the one who made the comment about the Goodyears.

The F1, note I added "GS D3" to the model, is one of several tires Goodyear markets under the "F1" name. The C/D test I referenced had them as #2 or #3 out of 12 different hi-perf tires in the dry, and #1 in the wet. I've ran them at a rainy DE, and they stuck like no other tire I've driven in rain. This model wasn't available in 1996. Do a Google search on the test, it's a good read.

Note also, that good stiction doesn't equate to high mileage either....I'd be happy, make that ecstatic, if I got 18,000 miles on a set of tires on a 911.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 PM
porsche930dude
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just ordered a rear set of bfg g-force kdw's the old style. They match my front dunlops pretty good which they dont make anymore. hopefully there will get the job done. im sure they will be better than the old dry rotted broken belted rock hard dunlops
Old 03-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Loaded
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porsche930dude
i just ordered a rear set of bfg g-force kdw's the old style. They match my front dunlops pretty good which they dont make anymore. hopefully there will get the job done. im sure they will be better than the old dry rotted broken belted rock hard dunlops
I will bet they are period. Are you certain you dont want to spend a crap load of cash on some tires...

Dunlops get hard as rock.

Good for you man
Old 03-07-2007, 12:40 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Fusions on my Truck. I know...but the truck is a very fast truck.
Anyway, I love them in the dry, but in the wet they leave alot to be desired.
I bought a set when they first came out, and have since bought new ones all around.

Quick Reply: Bought some Fusion tires today