New Exhaust ON NICE sound NOW W/PICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Loaded
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zorro1car
500hp???? Well, then you will be really hauling "****".....

I am lying my **** off
Old 02-23-2007, 05:27 PM
JBO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From all I have read the flowmaster is clearly the best bang for the buck. I ended up getting a GHL several years ago (which I like) after going to 2 muffler shops and having them say "flowmasters go on Mustangs and Camaro's, not Porsches". I even showed one guy the instructions from Pelican from a guy that put on a Magnaflow, to which the response was "we don't work on Porsches". If I ever go to SSI's I will look harder for a muffler shop that will do the flowmaster job for me. I had flowmasters on a Mustang GT Conv. in the 80's and it sounded sweet!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Loaded
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JBO
From all I have read the flowmaster is clearly the best bang for the buck. I ended up getting a GHL several years ago (which I like) after going to 2 muffler shops and having them say "flowmasters go on Mustangs and Camaro's, not Porsches". I even showed one guy the instructions from Pelican from a guy that put on a Magnaflow, to which the response was "we don't work on Porsches". If I ever go to SSI's I will look harder for a muffler shop that will do the flowmaster job for me. I had flowmasters on a Mustang GT Conv. in the 80's and it sounded sweet!

Just remember this addition will add 300 rear wheel HP!

DOH no Im wrong the 1700 dollar (im a dumb *** for buying it) muffler assembly adds 300 hp
Old 02-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Here's my BFM Magnaflow (or was it a Flowmaster??!!??), I can't remember. I splurged with Fabspeed oval tips. One of these days I may paint it black.
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2007, 08:43 AM
zorro1car
Instructor

Ed, I really like your color...is looks to be a very deep red. The stainless bar, polished wheels and chrome door handles blend well and really set it off! The exhaust tips look great, too.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:51 PM
madmmac
Instructor

Where's the sound clip?
Old 02-25-2007, 05:02 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If you can fit a monster tach somewhere it adds 15 HP
Old 02-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Loaded
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fixnprsh
If you can fit a monster tach somewhere it adds 15 HP
YAH and like th shift light also

The sound clip will be later Im still sick fellas
Old 02-25-2007, 11:05 PM
bonaturtle
Advanced

had a flowmaster on the car when I originally bought it, but it hung too low, and I couldn't get the car up on my lift.

Went with an M&K, which was $500, plus the fabspeed part which was $250, but the gains, sound, and look are worth it.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bonaturtle
had a flowmaster on the car when I originally bought it, but it hung too low, and I couldn't get the car up on my lift.

Went with an M&K, which was $500, plus the fabspeed part which was $250, but the gains, sound, and look are worth it.
Do you have pics of that old install? I have not problem with my "MagnaFlowmaster" and my lift.

I still would like someone to show me something positive documenting any performance gains with the M&K. I've heard the exact opposite, and with all of these being bought now days, I'm still amazed that the performanc aspect doesn't get brought up. I think people are lookiing at the fact it is: A. Custom, B S/S & C Less money than others, and then taking the plunge with these three thoughts in mind with no research on performance.

Every other modification get analyzed ad nauseum, and I just don't see or hear it with M&K mufflers. Again, I will say: With the cost we pay to get slight improvements in power, why would anyone hang something on their car that decreases output?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:22 PM
bonaturtle
Advanced

doesn't decrease output, believe me. Gains? All muffler companies say one thing, usually never lives up to their billing.

Don't have a picture because I kept it only a few days after buying so I could park it!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

I agree on the deal about muffler companies, that's why I ended up going with headers and a high flow muffler.

But I also know that a bad design can rob HP. I have spoken with people who dynoed one of these M&K pieces on a Carrera, and it cost a few HP. I'm wondering if the manufacturer will do anything to improve the design.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
madmmac
Instructor

Any news on the soundclip, make and model numbers?

Anyone ever try the Borla mufflers?

Quick Reply: New Exhaust ON NICE sound NOW W/PICS