Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Carrera 3.2 Safety?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Stevelovescars
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrera 3.2 Safety?

Perhaps an unusual question, but does anyone know of any data pertaining to the crashworthiness of the Carrera 3.2?

I have an '84 Cabriolet in very clean condition (52k miles, CA it's whole life, no accident history, great maintenance history). I'm thinking of selling my daily driver and just driving the Porsche for 4-6 months before I replace it with a daily car. The challenge is that from time to time I need to drive my 3-year-old son to or from school in my car. His car seat may fit in the back but would most likely need to go in the front passenger's seat. Until now, my wife hasn't been comfortable with me driving him in the car.

I tell her she's nuts, that in its day this was one of the safest and well built cars on the market. Of course, it is a soft top, but I don't exactly drive her hard and the chances of flipping a car like this has to be very low at normal speeds. The average driver on the road these days seems to be talking on the phone, reading the paper, and programming his GPS system while changing lanes.

I can't seem to find any sort of crash data on cars of this vintage to help me make my case. Any thoughts?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:54 AM
oceanvue
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just don't get in any accidents and you'll be fine.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:03 AM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...ighlight=crash

Quick Reply: Carrera 3.2 Safety?