Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Twisted seatbelt clip on my '89 carrera

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:57 PM
BMWDavid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twisted seatbelt clip on my '89 carrera

The drivers side seatbelt clip is 180* out of place on the belt itself. I can't see a way or get the clip to be rotated from its current position.

On some cars you can fold the belt material over itself and get the clip to pass over and end up turned around. But the narrowness of the slot on the clip prevents that. I sure don't see how it ended up in its current position,

Has anyone had this problem and sucessfully rotated the clip?

David
Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

By "clip" I assume you mean the part that clicks into the buckle. If so, these definitely can be rotated around the belt. I have put new seatbelts in many 911s at work and the company who makes them (PEP, they make excellent seatbelts for 356s and 911s) for some reason always ships the new belts w/ the clip facing the wrong way and I always have to twist em around. The correct way for the seatbelt on a 911 when it is retracted is, the metal part of the clip faces towards the outside of the car and the belt makes a 1/2 twist towards the front of the car between the D ring anchor on the pillar and the bottom anchor near the floor. Just make a real tight diagonal fold and you'll be able to twist it around!

---Chris A.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:05 AM
BMWDavid
Instructor

Chris,

Thanks! My passenger side belt is as you discribe being the correct position. The drivers side has the clip facing towards the rear of car.

I'm thinking that you have to have a very shallow angle on the fold to slide the clip around? Or do you try to rotate the clip in a short distance?

David
Old 02-03-2007, 08:27 PM
BMWDavid
Instructor

Chris,

I got it to work. It actually was easier than I thought it would be. Sort of had a duh! moment as it was sliding over the fold I made.

Thanks!

David

Quick Reply: Twisted seatbelt clip on my '89 carrera