Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Oil Filter Part Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Porsche Newbie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Filter Part Numbers?

Anyone have a list of P/N's for various oil filters for our SC motors?
Old 01-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Rob: The only filter I've ever used/sold/recommended is the Mahle #OC 54. I don't know the 11-digit factory number but if you get a filter at the dealer the Mahle is probably what you'll get. I'm sure that Pelican, etc., also will send you one or more if you specify what you want.
Pete
Old 01-29-2007, 04:43 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there's only one that I'll use, OEM - Mahle OC-54.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Porsche Newbie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that in my car now guys (Mahle) but I need to change out filter now for my quick 100 mile run thru to rid of any residual bits in my motor.. just wanted a quick use filter I might be able to pick up and local parts place..and then back to Mahle..
Old 01-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've witnessed with my own eyes two Fram filters and one unknown filter that were litterally being sucked together by various 911 motors in cars I've looked at over the years.

I would think for the filtering that you want to do, the best filter possible (the Mahle) would really be important at this point. Even a Fram is at least $8 for that big filter isn't it?

If you insist on getting an aftermarket one, then I would think you could find a Purilator or a Champion built filter (such as the STP brand at Auto Zone) that would fit at most any auto parts store. I did a bit of reading on oil filters a few years ago and it seems that Champion (not the plug people - a different Champion) makes pretty darn good filters and sells them to other companies for their labeling. Even the Wal-Mart SuperTech filters used to be Champion filters. I'd take a Champion or Purilator over a Fram...
Old 01-29-2007, 06:32 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

along the lines of Jay's suggestions, Mobil1 has a branded 911 oil flter that some have used in a pinch - may be over-the-counter at a flaps.

Quick Reply: Oil Filter Part Numbers?