Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Have questions about windshield/headlight washer systems on '89 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 09:59 PM
BMWDavid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have questions about windshield/headlight washer systems on '89 Carrera

My '89 Carrera has a leak somewhere in the main washer solvent tank. I do not have any spray but can hear the pump. Poured some solvent fluid into filler at gas cap area. It pours out from the front behind the left fog light.

I'm assuming the tank has split or a loose hose? The dealer will be fixing this as part of an agreement on the purchase of car. What is involved here? I guess I will be needing another tank or hoses?

Second question: I have the intensive cleaning tank by the master cyclinder. It is full of solvent. But I can't find the switch to activate it. Manual shows a switch near the speedo/clock lip of dash but my car does not have this switch. So how do I turn this system on?

Thanks,

David
Old 01-29-2007, 10:26 PM
BMWDavid
Instructor

Well I started looking around my car and found the washer tank. Right in front of left front tire. Its late so in the next day or so I'll pour in some water and see were it leaks out.

Still have not figured out the intensive or heavy duty cleaning system operation.

David
Old 01-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Corrales911
Instructor

My headlight squirter thingys only work when the headlight swtich is on, although I do have the little switch on the dash.

Another car I have has headlight washers that automatically engage when the windshield washers are activated, but again only when the headlights are on.

Quick Reply: Have questions about windshield/headlight washer systems on '89 Carrera