Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Body & Paint shop in San Diego, North County?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Paul491 Cadrobbi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body & Paint shop in San Diego, North County?

Looking for a quality body & paint shop to repair a drivers door on a '66 912 and do some work (i.e. front spoiler, duck tail and paint work) on my '84 Turbo-Look. I live in Oceanside north of San Diego. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:02 PM
DARISC
Racer

I learned about TLC Paint & Body in San Marcos from my mechanic, Joe Vampola at European Motorsports - excellent mechanic (Joe), excellent body shop (Sal) that paints a LOT of Porsches.

Sal has a 911 himself and he definitely knows the nuances of Porsche bodies.

I had my SC painted about 6 monthes ago and am extremely pleased with the quality and the price.

PM me if you like, neighbor .

Last edited by DARISC; 10-04-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:59 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what'd he charge to paint your car?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:29 AM
DARISC
Racer

6k including major bash bash repair to passenger front fender where I stupidly backed out of a spot next to a column and turned into it. Included replacement of some rubber/gaskets, jpainted the jambs (incl. hood & engine cover of course), repaint of all black trim. Didn't have to take it down to bare metal. PPG clearcoat, Platinum Metallic.

I stopped by the shop twice briefly early on and was impressed with the all important prep. they were giving it. Sal had the car for 5 weeks - no rush jobs from this shop.

I'm pleased to have recieved a number of unsolicited favorable comments regarding the quality from people in the trade when they asked out of the blue where I'd gotten it painted.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

West Coast Specialties is a well-reputed body/paint shop.

Brett
Old 01-27-2007, 10:32 PM
oceanvue
Instructor

I can vouch for Specialized Coachwerks in San Juan Capistrano. They did a complete bare metal ground up restoration for me on a '70 S a few years back. They have done lots of Porsches and know them very well. Complete paint jobs go from $3-6K depending on color change and/or engine compartment etc. But excellent work. Don't expect to put it in on Friday and get it out on Monday but you'll love the finished product.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:47 AM
patently
Intermediate

Can I get an update on this thread? I'm located off the 56 on the north side of San Diego. Easy access for me is from Balboa Avenue in San Diego north through Encinitas, Escondido, Poway, San Marcos, and Carlsbad.

I have a small dent at the top of a rear fender well in a 996TT that can't be fixed with PDR. There are various stone chips and door edge dings to get fixed as well.

I'm not after concours quality but I don't want to be bothered every time I look at the car.

After getting the body and paint fixed I'll be getting a new clear cover on the front and fenders and ceramic coating, so if you can recommend a detailer to do that I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks all.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:21 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts

http://stroyerbrothers.com/welcome-e...epair-experts/
Old 05-23-2018, 08:39 PM
ihtfp98
Track Day

Curious where you ended up taking it? I live in Del Mar and need some work done, too - thanks
Old 07-17-2018, 01:00 PM
Sam Zamir
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ihtfp98
Curious where you ended up taking it? I live in Del Mar and need some work done, too - thanks
If you're not insisting on a PACC, you haven't read https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7603...r-job-huh.html.

If you're convinced PACC is the way to go, start your search here - https://www.porschecollisioncenter.com enter your zip and go from there. They're far and few between, so don't be afraid to travel 1-2 hours for what you feel is your best option. That's advice I'd give anyone in any place in the country.

And if your best option is me, then call me up and I'd be happy to assist.

Sam

Quick Reply: Body & Paint shop in San Diego, North County?