Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

White gauge faces w/older numerical gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Eric_P
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White gauge faces w/older numerical gauges?

Hey gang,
Thinking of switching to white gauge faces while upgrading to the older numerical oil temp module. I haven't seen any faces that have the numerical markings for that gauge.. anyone else know of a supplier?
Thanks...
Eric
79SC
Old 01-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Just_rob
Intermediate

I know North hollywood speedo does it, and I really am thinking of doing that to my 78SC... White faced gauges with red LED lighting....

They have a pic on their websites Porsche section for reference...

www.nhspeedometer.com
Old 01-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Just_rob
Intermediate

As an afterthought, look in the custom design and custom coloring section... Check out the tach with the voltmeter.. How cool is that??? Anyways, they have everything listed there that you were inquiring about and is a very cool place to look at guages.... Rob
Old 01-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Eric_P
Advanced

Yeah, I checked out their site..pretty awesome stuff. I don't see any face sets that have the numerical oil temp gauge, though... and I'm scared to even ask what a custom job would cost.
I'll keep everyone posted.
I love the idea of the tach w/voltmeter, always surprised at the lack of electrical monitoring on these things!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:10 AM
zorro1car
Instructor

I got prices for changing my temp/oil gauge...around $130.00. They wanted $110.00 to convert my speedometer to a 180mph. My aftermarket steering wheel blocked my view from 75mph..on. I bought a older temp/oil, numerical guage ($50.00) and switched the face plates (simple). Unscrew from the back of the gauge and the individual gauge comes out. Two screws holds each face place....fits exactly on the newer gauge. You have to be very careful removing the orange pointer.....

Quick Reply: White gauge faces w/older numerical gauges?