Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Boston-area 3.2 owners...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:15 AM
visible23
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boston-area 3.2 owners...?

I am curious about these cars but have never driven one and would like to. I'll bring my 993 and we can make an afternoon of it if that appeals to you. I like my car but find myself longing for something...uhm...well I'm not sure what but I think I'll know it when I feel it...a driving experience more like my dad's old Morgan crossed with my friend's 2002 tii. I guess I'm wondering if what I've been reading in here and elsewhere is true, as the 911 got older and "more evolved" it also got less sports-car-y and softer...less connected with the road.

If that made any sense at all I'll be surprised. My Porsche experience is limited and I would like to broaden my horizons. Anyone out there wanna let me drive his/her car? I would appeciate it muchly.

Thanks in advance.

M
Old 01-04-2007, 01:28 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Gimme a shout. Mine's still on the road, albeit with Pirelli Snowsports on. Would love to see what the 993's are all about - wonder if they're similar to a 964 (drove a '90 when I first thought about getting into the 911). I'll PM my cell #, if the weather's half decent this weekend, happy to meet up with you.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:57 PM
H2NO
Instructor

Please keep us posted on this. I'm interested to hear both of your impressions.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:11 PM
visible23
Instructor

Thanks Fred. I appreciate the offer. My car also has it's winter shoes on but still feels and drives well (better than it did with the over-due to be changed tires it had on there this fall even). Unfortunately this weekend is not good as I'll be out of town with my son.

Buzz me thru here or my e-mail which is my Rennlist handle @yahoo.

Cheers. Matt

Quick Reply: Boston-area 3.2 owners...?