Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

anyone ever hear of "Motor Meister"

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:47 PM
951kid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whoo def glad i asked here, and im about to check out pellican

Im in New York, and there is a guy close to me (Car Doctor) not sure if anyone has heard of him but he seems to be a pretty big name, however after spending alot of time and money with him the motor isnt starting as regularly as i think it should and since the motor is climbing close to 60k miles (what ive read as about time to get a rebuild) i think its about time for the rebuild

thanks alot for the advice ill keep asking around and searching

Anthony
Old 12-22-2006, 10:47 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 951kid
whoo def glad i asked here, and im about to check out pellican

Im in New York, and there is a guy close to me (Car Doctor) not sure if anyone has heard of him but he seems to be a pretty big name, however after spending alot of time and money with him the motor isnt starting as regularly as i think it should and since the motor is climbing close to 60k miles (what ive read as about time to get a rebuild) i think its about time for the rebuild

thanks alot for the advice ill keep asking around and searching

Anthony
1) I am not sure a "starting problem" is a sign of needing a motor rebuild

2) Most 911 motors last well over a hundred thousand (100,000) miles without real problems, as long as regular maintenance has been performed.

3) Where exactly in NY are you?

Perhaps you should explain more about the motor in questions and the symptoms the car is displaying.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Jaws911
Pro

951 kid -

I'm among the many in NYC who find it worthwhile to bring their car to Cheech Hernadez (Rennwerke Porsche) in Elmsford NY - a bit of a drive up (really, < 30 minutes w/o traffic - and then a taxi and metro north train back to grand central, if you have to leave it - tho sometimes i can get a ride back w/ fellow NYers). As i and others have said here before, he is very knowlegeable about these cars, as testified by the 20 or 30 911's, 944's and 356's always on the lot - it's an all-Porsche shop, and maybe worth a visit if you are having an otherwise insoluble problem.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:31 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Starting problems are not a sign that the motor needs a rebuild.

One cannot base an rebuild on the number of miles that a motor has on it.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:32 PM
951kid
Advanced

Hey Jaws 911, ive been to cheech with my 944 turbo he took care of some top end seals for me, and seemed to be a really nice/knowledgeable guy overall.

the car is a 1975 911, and before my fathers ownership probably sat for some 10 years, not really sure how long. Anyway the old man spent something like $8k with the car doctor trying to get it up to par, however it takes alot of effort (maybe 5 min of cranking) and typically some starting fluid to fire. Once the car is moderatly warm (the oil temp gauge wiring is shot, sensor is brand new, gauge still responds to voltage) it becomes a bitch to restart, my father has been stranded more than a few times with it reluctant to restart.

Based on the mileage and amount of time the car has sat as well as the trouble starting my father thinks its time to rebuild, and asked me to help him out.

Anthony
Old 12-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Jaws911
Pro

<Hey Jaws 911, ive been to cheech with my 944 turbo he took care of some top end seals for me, and seemed to be a really nice/knowledgeable guy overall.>

....Thats been my experience...

the car is a 1975 911, and before my fathers ownership probably sat for some 10 years, not really sure how long. Anyway the old man spent something like $8k with the car doctor trying to get it up to par, however it takes alot of effort (maybe 5 min of cranking) and typically some starting fluid to fire. Once the car is moderatly warm (the oil temp gauge wiring is shot, sensor is brand new, gauge still responds to voltage) it becomes a bitch to restart, my father has been stranded more than a few times with it reluctant to restart.

Others on this board can comment with auhtority on the above (hell. if I knew anything, and had a place to fix it, I might not have to bring it to Cheech in the 1st place!) but my sense (from reading many posts here and at Pelican over the years) is that a rebuild would be much more determined by oil use, and compression and leak down results...
Old 12-23-2006, 07:21 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

you may need to start replacing components on the CIS FI system...

see if you can test the fuel pump pressure - if that is OK, it may need a new WUR

Also try some long drives with high revs - these cars will run often run better when they get regular exercise...
Old 12-24-2006, 11:34 AM
dporsche74
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

i never had motor meister rebuld my engine, but i have gotten two engine rebuild kits from them over the yrs , and for the price it is a great kit , extra lock nuts washers gasket etc everything you will need to rebuild a 9111 engine yourself, plus it is fun
Old 12-24-2006, 12:03 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you guys replaced the fuel accumulator and pump check valve yet?
Old 12-24-2006, 08:17 PM
951kid
Advanced

accumulator yes, not sure about the check valve
Old 12-25-2006, 11:09 AM
MarkSchu
Instructor

951kid- as others have said, stay away from motor meister. Each area has their own guru...here in Houston it is Eric Geores with Valyrie Racing. Most have a national reputation with PCA, so you might want to email your local club president, racing, or DE chairman to get a good recommendation. BTW, Eric has seen one Motor Meister engine and said it was a piece of trash. Good luck.

Quick Reply: anyone ever hear of "Motor Meister"