Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Tennessee Tech Day Interest???

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:46 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Tennessee Tech Day Interest???

Hello fellow mid southerners. I need to do a couple of things to my 83 cab, and was wondering if there was enough interest for me to sponsor a tech day out of it. Never done this before. New to 911, so I would like to have a watchful and knowledgeable type there to help make sure I/we do the jobs right. The things I need to do are:

1. tranny shifter bushing replacement
2. valve adjust (front or back side - doesn't matter to me)
3. CIS adjust (mine is running a little rich)
4. timing adjust

My number one priority is the shifter bushing replacement. The rest are nice if time allowed. I am in Jackson, TN. I would be willing to travel, or we could do it out at my workplace on a weekend. I will go anywhere within 200 miles to do this, if there is an interest. For personal reasons, I would not provide or purchase any alcohol, but would be more than willing to spring for lunch - er, depending on how many show up that is

Let me know if interested and timeframe you are available. Also, those that have done something like this, please let me know your good and bad experiences.

Email me directly at vanweys@bellsouth.net, or PM me here.

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2006, 01:05 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,140 Likes on 814 Posts

V8

shifter bushings are a snap, an hour max if your with someone who has done it before. mor of a pain aligning the shifter than doing the bushings and even that is not hard.

valve adjust, make sure you have a special feeler guage , some spare blades and new cover gaskets.

CIS adjustment , think you need a CO meter for this one..
timing , never done it but would imagine ll you need is a light ..
Old 12-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Ron Minson
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is something that I would be interested in. I am in Nashville but also will be willing to travel up to 200 miles (from what i see that would be from here to your place). My 85 911 is having some tranny shifting issues and I would love to see and work (on mine or someone else’s) how this is fixed. Currently I am not able to drive mine and it would be a good one to work on, but I have no issues coming up to your place (or someone elses) and work on another car.

I can provide a working atmosphere with some tools or travel what ever works best for those who are interested. I have taken off the next 2 weeks (till the 2nd of the new year) from work and could do that most anytime or most any weekend after that.

I do not qualify as the hard core knowledgeable type, but have some exposure to engine work, but also can be depended on for $ support if we need to hire someone to help us or provide space to work.

v8_ranch what year do you have? I have also sent you an email with my contact number if you need it.

you can PM me or email me directly at Ron.minson@verizon.net to set something up

I look forward to meeting you and others in this neck of the woods as I have just moved out here from Portland Oregon.

Thanks Ron
Old 12-28-2006, 09:26 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Default TN Tech day

Ron,

Have not had any more response yet. Maybe a bump or two will catch a few more people as they return from holiday travel. I will keep you posted.

Shane

Originally Posted by Ron Minson
This is something that I would be interested in. I am in Nashville but also will be willing to travel up to 200 miles (from what i see that would be from here to your place). My 85 911 is having some tranny shifting issues and I would love to see and work (on mine or someone else’s) how this is fixed. Currently I am not able to drive mine and it would be a good one to work on, but I have no issues coming up to your place (or someone elses) and work on another car.

I can provide a working atmosphere with some tools or travel what ever works best for those who are interested. I have taken off the next 2 weeks (till the 2nd of the new year) from work and could do that most anytime or most any weekend after that.

I do not qualify as the hard core knowledgeable type, but have some exposure to engine work, but also can be depended on for $ support if we need to hire someone to help us or provide space to work.

v8_ranch what year do you have? I have also sent you an email with my contact number if you need it.

you can PM me or email me directly at Ron.minson@verizon.net to set something up

I look forward to meeting you and others in this neck of the woods as I have just moved out here from Portland Oregon.

Thanks Ron
Old 12-29-2006, 01:55 AM
Ron Minson
Pro

thanks shane.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:00 PM
MrDigitaL
Intermediate

I'm thinking about putting ss brake lines on the c4 some day.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:58 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

bump
Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 PM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

Shane,

Where you thinking about doing this in Memphis or did you want to come out to Center TN and do it out here?

Brandon J
Old 03-14-2007, 02:36 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

I am open at this point...

Quick Reply: Tennessee Tech Day Interest???