Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Removing the sill covers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 01:32 PM
dugsud
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing the sill covers.

I was wondering how easy it is to remove the sill covers on an SC. I'd like to inspect the sills and also see what my car's like without as I quite like the uncluttered look.

Does it leave holes or can they be removed & left off without having to do paintwork?

Thanks
Old 12-16-2006, 04:45 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,177 Likes on 844 Posts

If the sill cover is wha I think it is mine are ribbery plastic and just glued down. I peeled them up and found some rusts starting which I got on quickly.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:02 AM
dsmith
Racer

I've taken the right side off before when replacing the oil lines. you remove the end caps, which may have a rivet that you'll replace with a screw. then slowly slide the black strip out, it sits in a channel. last, remove the screws behind the black strip. you will have holes from these screws, and exposed oil lines and jack points. I would take the right side off first to see how you like it. it has the most stuff underneath. oh yea, it's really fun trying to reinstall the black strip.
david
Old 12-17-2006, 06:32 PM
flynndds
2nd Gear

If you want to re-install the black strip put liquid soap in the inside and it will slide on quite easily. I am considering taking mine off to reduce a few pounds of wight for club racing.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:20 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

I replaced my old rubber ones with new stainless ones with the Porsche crest on them. Very clean looking.