stall, Temp sensor and extra wires

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 02:03 PM
pepe
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stall, Temp sensor and extra wires

Hi,

I have quite enjoyed reading the forums on this site and am asking the veterans for some advice.

I recently purchased an 87-911 Carrera. I have logged only 2000 miles on it. I have had an erratic stall problem, always when it is warmed up or hot. It takes approx 20 minutes to restart, and then it may run fine or again a few miles down the road may quit again. It has been somewhat frustrating.

whenever it stalls I am on the highway or in town (never at home) so I have not been able to determine if the problem is fuel supply or ignition related.

I have now stored it for the winter (6 inches of snow today in Ontario) and intend to do a full tune up and valve adjustment over the winter. So far I have changed the DME relay as well as the fuel pump and spark plugs. Other items on order are the distributor cap, rotor and fuel filter as well as the Bently service manual as the Haynes is a piece of %4#&*0%@!. If I still ahve the problem I will change the coil. The CDI seems to be original (all german writing) and definetely does not say Permatune on it. But does not say Bosch either. Does anyone have any clues as to what the source could be?

This morning I noticed that the temperature sensor is connected directly to the wires thus bypassing the sensor plug rail. The 2 wires going to the sensor are both white. Could the source of my problem with the stall be that the 2 wires are inverted?

Secondly I have noticed that there are 2 wires (1 red with a black line, the Other Brown with a white line) with both flat female fittings which are not plugged into anything and are located behind the fuel filter and come out of a wireing harness for a length of approx 6-8 inches. Any idea what these are???

Every bit of advice will be appreciated.

pepe
Old 11-25-2002, 01:55 PM
pepe
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured out that the 2 wires are for the rear wiper which is not intstalled on my car.

Quick Reply: stall, Temp sensor and extra wires