Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Weltmeister Skid Plates (how to install)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 09:35 AM
Will Ballance
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Weltmeister Skid Plates (how to install)

I just bought a pair of Weltmeister skid plates for my 82 911SC. They don't look complicated, but instructions on how to install them would have been nice. Sadly, the instructions are not in the package. Has anyone installed these? I'm looking for pointers.

Judging from the product picture at Performance Products, it looks as if the washer goes at the top of each bolt and the nut that snugs everything together goes on the other side of the plate.

Can anyone offer any other bits of info? I'm especially interested in where the bolts line up with respect to the tow hook. Both of mine are intact, although they have been rubbed a little and that is why I bought the plates.

-Will
Old 01-31-2002, 01:29 PM
pbs911
Instructor

Never done this, but it appears that the bolts are put through the eye of each tow hook and hold the two halves together.
Old 01-31-2002, 02:12 PM
MM83targa
Intermediate

I've not installed these nor seen them installed. Logically, most of your driving is forward (I imagine) so if you locate them nearest the front, when you hit something, they'll likely slide back - some. If you mount them nearest the back of the hooks, they aren't going anywhere.

Quick Reply: Weltmeister Skid Plates (how to install)