OXS light reset

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 02:59 PM
StanV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool OXS light reset

Hi all,

Hope someone can help with this mystery. I just recently had a "30,000 mile" service done on my '82 SC, and about a week later the OXS dash light came on. The shop had neglected to reset this, but I figured it was no problem to do it myself. Well, going by the Bentley manual, today I popped out the speedometer, and can find no trace of a white mileage reset button that they speak of. Where is this thing?
By the way, this is a Canadian car with the km speedo.
Thanks to any and all who reply with suggestions.

Stan
Old 11-23-2002, 05:09 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Hi Stan,

Disconnect the battery (- terminal) - pull the speedo and in the back, you'll see an area to poke a piece of wire to reset the OXY light/counter.. Reinstall the speedo - reconnect the battery...
Old 11-23-2002, 10:41 PM
StanV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks John D. for your reply, but.......

I've pulled the speedo, and I can see nowhere to fit a wire, or punch, or anything. The back of the speedo has a few screws(with seals on them), two of which hold on a plastic part which in turn provides spade connectors for a variety of lugs. There is one tiny slot in the plastic part that would allow a spade connector through, but which does not allow a thin wire through. There is also a hole in the plastic part more towards the centre of the speedo, but it ends blindly at the back of the speedo case. The rest of the back and sides of the speedo is an impervious metal can. For what it's worth, there is the legend "Imp/km" stamped on the side of the housing.
I may be missing something obvious. On the other hand, maybe I have a weird speedo. The fact that the light has come on recently implies that it has been reset in the past.
If all else fails, I could just disconnect the bulb . I expect to have the service performed at less than the recommended intervals anyway.
Thanks again in advance for any efforts to help.

Stan
Old 11-26-2002, 08:07 AM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Just pull the bulb in the indicator and keep track of the change in your log book. The light is simply there for those that don't track regular maintenance.

Quick Reply: OXS light reset