Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Unusual picture request (for 3D work)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Linsen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unusual picture request (for 3D work)

Edit: First post and in the wrong section! I'm so sorry, I got lost in all my open browser tabs. Could a moderator move it to the appropriate 997-forum? Or should I better delete it and make a new thread over there?

Sorry about the inconvenience :Edit end

Hi everybody!

I'm new to this forum. I've been browsing it for a couple of days now and it seems to me that this is a really nice place. Lots of impressive cars and a lot of knowledgeable people who own them .

I must concede that I am a little jealous as I'm not so fortunate to actually own a Porsche myself -- hopefully I will at some time in the future, but right now "my" 911 is rather far out of reach.

In the meantime I'm seeking fulfillment by modeling 3d-cars (this may sound funny to some but for me it's a helpful substitute act). And this is actually why I'm posting: I will soon be starting to model a 997 (first stock, later GT3 and maybe I'll extend the line further in the future). I'm planning to make it rather detailed, which means I want to also model the brakes as they will be visible in the renders. My problem is that I need good pictures of Porsche brake calipers. And this is where this forum comes into play. I searched all of the net for those pics, but I couldn't find any that were good enough for my purpose. What I need are really dead-on shots of front and rear calipers with no perspective to be used as blueprints. Preferably a front view and a top view (but a front view would probably be enough).

I know this may be a little much to ask, especially in the very first post, but brake calipers are so damn hard to model and I would really like to make them accurate. So, if anybody who owns a 997 has or could take pictures of those calipers, I would be really thankful. I attached a couple of pictures of the calipers I would like to model plus a picture of the last car I modeled (it's not quite finished, but will be soon), so you can see what I'm up to.

Sorry for the long post and thx for taking the time to read it.

Regards,

Linsen

P.S.: As you can see, those are PCCBs, but I've seen the same calipers on steel rotors (in red, mostly). But of the PCCBs there seem to be different versions around and I'm not even sure, if the rear caliper really is the one corresponding to the front caliper. So, some info about that would be really nice as well.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Linsen; 11-09-2006 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Unusual picture request (for 3D work)