Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

pulling air pump on SC

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 03:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Well for me the air pump was gone when I got it . there was jus the ugly plumbing spider left over whicjh looked really unsightly. Also it really cleans up the engine bay are and makes it easier to work on other things.
Incidentally I just got the BIGGEST break ever since owning this car. Tommy you got me interested and I sais screw it I am taking it all off. PAssanger side came off without a hitch , rear drivers side no probelm. middle drivers side more difficult negotiating around heat exchangers with dremmel and minni grinder but got it. Front drivers ?? holly crap ... I had to bust off the piping as I could not get a dremmell or a cutter in their, and when I did I could not get the 17mm deep socket with my half inch drive because of the exchanger. I could not get a 17mm reg with a 3/8ths drive because of the piece of broken off pipe. Holly crap no what ... I did have another 17mm from my impact set so i Used my two fingers to get it over the injector, I could see that I was not going to get the extention on because of the exchanger and the broken piece of pipe coming htrough the end of the socket. So I jammed my biggest slotted screwdriver in where the pipe was coming through the socket and turned and the injector turned ...holly crap what a break ..so I got the injector out ... I can see the hole clearly and hope to get th plu in no problem ...phew...

I must say it really cleans up under the car and makes it easier to see where all my oil leaks are coming from !!!
Old 10-22-2006, 08:41 PM
ulrichd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get the front driver's side plug in I lightly glued the plug onto my very longest flathead screwdriver and very carefully moved it past the heat exchanger and got it started in the opening of the engine block. Once partially in I could finish the job with an allen wrench from the other side.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:19 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Well now I am totally screwed for the season .. oh well only a couple weeks left anyway. I got interested again with the air injectors after reading this thread , got them out on the weekend , and now can only get replacement plugs from California...that will take a couple of weeks for sure and the season will be over ... But I am pleased I got the injectors out. I was going to put them back with caps but the drivers front one was such a nightmare to get out I figure I beter leave well enough alone ...

oh well..
Old 10-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Congrats for pulling that stuff off. It was such a compromise solution by Porsche and useless in my opinion. Not sure if it solved more problems than it created.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:33 PM
VA911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ice,
i have been told from another source that the air injector plugs can be sourced from mercedes spare parts.. take your injector with you and they should be able to help
Old 10-26-2006, 01:37 PM
lane911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Pelikan the SS plugs for the injectors are listed as the same thing as the plugs on 914 rear brakes

Quick Reply: pulling air pump on SC