Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsche Broker question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 02:14 PM
A4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Broker question

Has anyone used these guys to buy or sell?

They take a fee from the seller and you negotiate with them not the seller directly.

http://www.porsche-classified.com/
Old 10-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go do a search for Auto Brokers, or Brokers, or some similar words....there have been a number of discussions about the pros and cons of going thru brokers. I went thru one, but then decided I didn't need him to negotiate my deal for me and bought one on my own. These folks usually charge between $1000 and $1500 and attend the auctions in their region and bid on a car for you....PPI becomes the issue and how you can protect yourself in a transaction where you are not directly involved. Good Luck Chuck
Old 10-20-2006, 05:52 PM
A4
Instructor

Thanks. I'm not using them to search for a car but found one they have listed that is close to me for a decent price. I will check it out in person and coordinate my own PPI. This specific broker has tons of P-cars listed so I would think someone here must have dealt with them.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:21 PM
A4
Instructor

no one else? Hundreds of P-cars listed on this site and no Rennlisters have used them?
Old 10-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Honkity Hank
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

I could not see the value for me. I can search autotrader, rennlist, pca, cars.com, etc fairly easily by myself. There are tons of places to find used porsches and those guys have only 6 listed on their site. Looks like another used car site to me.

Which one are you looking at?
Old 10-22-2006, 10:11 AM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

I thought I replied before, but I giess I forgot to hit the button. My impressions were, they sucked.
this was 3 , 4, years ago. Maybe they've changed since then. Too many phone calls like
"he changed his mind and decided not to sell, but hey.... I have this really nice one in miami."

I used Dave Maynard from www.europeanlocators.com to find my car and do the PPI and everything else.
Very nice guy, I'd buy another car from him. He found my car in two days. I never would have found it on my own.
I also spoke with Brian Buxton at http://www.buxtonmotorsports.com he has a good rep also.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:39 AM
A4
Instructor

Thanks guys. I know Dave and have talked with him in the past. I found a local car listed on this site after seeing the link on the PCA NE site. They suggest it on the CLassified section.

As for six cars listed? They have 200 G-50 coupes listed alone. Enter in the search data.

Quick Reply: Porsche Broker question