Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

can any one with an sc help ? particularly a 78

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 03:33 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts
Default can any one with an sc help ? particularly a 78

I was underneath the car once agaon working on the valve covers when I noticed what looked like a twig sticking out by the light assmbly up underneath the fender on the drivers side. I pulled on it and to may amazement came down this 2 ft long wiring harness with 2 wires in , a white with red stripes and a solid white I think. I have no idea where it used to go. Up by the light from underneath the car I see the wiring budle which four harnesses come out, one goes to the drivers rear light assembly, one is a bunch of 3 ground wires, and one runs to the rear bumperette for the license plate light, the forth is my mystery harness, does any one wkow where it goes or can check it for me please .

PS is that "PORSCHE" rear piece just a reflector or a light ? maybe that is it ? even though I see no light assembly...

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:27 AM
BRB-83-911SC
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 43 Posts

Could it be the wiring for a rear fog light that isn't there? I think they usually mounted below the bumper on the left side. Does your fog light switch rotate as well as pull out? I think that rotating the fog light switch activated the rear fog light on cars so equipped.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:35 AM
ulrichd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ice,
The Porsche piece is just a reflector - a very expensive reflector if you have priced one lately.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:50 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

My SC does not have fog lights so that ain't it :-)

Unless everyone has this wire and only the cars with fogs use it ?

James can you see anything withthe engine out ?

maybe I should check to see if I have voltage with the lights on , that might tell me soemthing
Old 10-17-2006, 12:29 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Ice,

My engine isn't out yet. But I just looked under my car and I am pretty sure that the twig is the wiring to the license plate light. My car has a twig on the other side too. I bet you driver's side light doesn't work anymore.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:40 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Hi JAmes it does not go to the lisence plate light, where I see the wire bundle 4 harnessess come out, I will see if I can get a pic, one goes to the plate, one is a ground, and one to the rear light asembly . So that leaves me with this trange extra..
Old 10-17-2006, 07:43 PM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Maybe to the little light just to the right and left of the Porsche sign? Look at your avatar. I forgot how to turn those lights on. Probably reverse, but I can't do that one alone! I think those lights turn on with the hazard light button.

Quick Reply: can any one with an sc help ? particularly a 78