Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Alternator Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 08:28 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Boy hiding a small voltmeter in the car hooked to the battery would sure be a good idea ...
Old 10-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I got my car back today and it was supposed to be running fine but I ran into a whole new set of problems on the way home. As I was on the freeway I suddenly lost fuel power, I depressed the accelerator but it was not going so I put my hazards, pulled over and listened to the engire which seemed fine. I kept driving and I got a little bit of the dim/bright fluctuation from the dash tach/odom lights. Kept driving and noticed my oil level gauge was acting funky, which is weird because I just replaced the oil level sending unit. With the engine hot, and idling at ground level the oil was exactly in the middle of min and max. I am thinking of add .5 to 1 quart tomorrow. Also when I got home and was idling I noticed a humming sound coming from my passenger side front headlight. It comes and stops and repeats so I have no idea what THAT is about. Plus I put in my key to lock the door and the whole damn bolt comes out with the key The passenger side had been pryed into and now the driver side just poops on me. So gotta get the car rekeyed now after I just paid 100 bucks for a new key!! I love my life right now The car just felt different too, the mechanic said the fan was clogged and dirty so he cleaned it out, dont know if that had anything to do with it but it just feels different, I can't pinpoint what it is (maybe power difference). Atleast no tachometer craziness or radio power problems.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Ill start a new post for this though.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:03 PM
jet911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oshin, do not add any more oil! Forget the oil level gauge. If it is as you described, after achieving normal running temp, on level ground and the oil dip stick shows the level half way between empty and full, that is exactly what you want. If you fill to the top, you may be blowing smoke after hard driving.

Regards,
Jim
'86 Coupe
Old 10-14-2006, 01:28 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're in Glendale you really should take the car over to TRE Motorsports in North Hollywood and have them sort it out. Dave, Jeremy and the guys there are great, and will take good care of you.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Naw its ok turned out the fuel cutting out problem was just a misfiring DME relay, took minutes to fix.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:44 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

"phew ! "

Quick Reply: Alternator Rebuild