Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Chicago - Delaware Road Trip Hints Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 09:44 PM
Mike_O'
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Chicago - Delaware Road Trip Hints Wanted

I'm taking my 72 911 on a road trip from Chicago to Delaware the last week of April. Initial plans are to head down thru Indy and Cincinati and then take US 50 the rest of the way. Any thoughts about this route? I figure it should be a nice, scenic route through West Virginia with some nice Porsche roads. Am I on the right track? Thanks!
Old 03-28-2002, 10:41 AM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, W.VA is gorgeous. I don't know the route, but Harper's Ferry and/or Shephardstown are worth a drive through.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:36 PM
John Brandt
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is your baby.

Ohio state route-56 starting in Circlevile OH. and running through Zaleski state forest.
Either contiue on to Athens, which links to US-50 or better yet, turn right at OH-356 a few miles past Carbondale, which also leads to US-50.

56 was paved three years ago and has a better surface than some racetracks i've been on. 356 is almost as good.
I might add that Athens Ohio has the highest concentration of liquor establishments per hectare, anywhere in the world. That may not mean much to you now, but when you arrive it will because I guarantee that you will scare youself $hitless!
Additionally, if you even SEE a cop between Laurelville and Athens, I will personally send you a crisp five dollar bill.

Have Fun!

John
Old 03-28-2002, 06:28 PM
Mike_O'
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I've got the highlighter out and am plotting a course.

Quick Reply: Chicago - Delaware Road Trip Hints Wanted