Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

ER Poly Bronze Update/restoration shop rec.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 07:52 PM
recordmanv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ER Poly Bronze Update/restoration shop rec.

So I finally redid my entire front suspension. It's hard to quantify the ER bushings since I redid the shocks and alignment too, but here goes anyway.... Background: I had previously update my torsion bars (22/29) and sway bars (22/21) at around 140k Miles. Now at 227k mile, dual purpose, daily driver '83 SC. Since I had a shock fail, it was time. New digs include, ER ball joints, ER A-arm mounts, ER Poly Bronze bushings, and RSR Blsteins with 19mm raised spindles, CB and 4 wheel alignment. First impressions in the 200 miles ( 3 days) Wow! The ER bushings were worth every penny. Very smooth and more fluid than my stock 23 year old rubber. Smooth road feedback that's not 'vibration prone', Similar to a torsion bar upgrade with that 'confidence' solid feeling. Granted it's a whole new car now, I swear it feels 'heavier' in the front, but I blame that on the new alignment/set-up and not the actual weight of the parts ( though they are a bit heavier I think) No squeaks at all. Butter. Friction free all the way, you can feel it. Cheers to ER.
Not to plug, but I found a great Porsche Race and Restoration shop in Pasadena ( they did the install and alignment), complete with paint booth and a REAL 73 RS that was being completely restored ($250K cars I've been told) Good P shops are hard to find in SGV, so anyone interested, message me for info. Highly recommend, very pro and affordable! Oh yeah, Selling my old front bilstein shocks (need revalve) complete with spindles (no bearings). Thank you everyone, including this forum, for all the advice and help. More to follow after some track time in a week or so....

Quick Reply: ER Poly Bronze Update/restoration shop rec.