911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Jerry Seinfeld on Porsche????

Old 10-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Steve Zitelli
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw him last year at the Porsche Parade in Hershey PA.He was roaming around the area where the non exhibitors were showing thier cars.After the intial flurry of people taking and posing for pictures with him they left him alone.
I was looking at a late 50s 356 when he walked over with a friend and was checking out the same car.What I found interesting after asking the owner about the car he shook his hand and said his name was Jerry,but I could tell the owner who was probaly in his 70s had no idea who he was.I guess the owner has his priorities straight and spends more time with his porsche and less time watching the boob tube.By the way he seemed pretty nice signing autographs and posing for picts.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

He was at the 356 East Coast Holiday a couple of years ago at Williamsburg. He brought a very early, unrestored car he had found in Venezuela. It was pissing rain, and he, like everyone else, was soaked. He was gracious, signed autographs and posed for pictures, and was all in all a terrific guy. Straightforward and unpretentious and knowledgeable about early cars. Cut the guy some slack - he made his own money by his talent and wits.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:22 PM
lewis9113.2
Instructor

A previous post said; "I heard from people who know him that he is very difficult to work with. People at a certain Porsche event that he attended said he made the event very difficult."

It's a different thing if Jerry was there as a 'celebrity' as part of the event. I manage entertainers and they do have certain requirements of event organisers.... Some requests made of them are often totally not-doable so if the organisers deem this as being difficult, well that is unfortunate.

For example, what if they asked for Jerry to bring his Nine-Seventeen and run timed demos.....! I'm sure as f%$# wouldn't do that so why should JS?

The guy is a legend and a true Porsche nut.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:07 AM
RedShadow
Instructor

Originally Posted by randywebb
I don't know him, but I've also heard from people who were involved with a car he wanted to buy that he is difficult. From the description it sounded like he was just a normal New Yorker -- trying to interact with people in smaller cites on the laid back left coast...

However, Jay Leno has the reputation of being a strling example of a just another fan.. regular guy, yada yada, despite riches & fame. I heard he only has one Porsche though.
He's got a Carrera GT I know that. I think I have the article with him talking about it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jerry Seinfeld on Porsche????