Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Bypass pipe installation questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 10:05 AM
lostinatl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Bypass pipe installation questions

I am installing my bypass pipe this weekend, not sure if I have all the parts any help from others would be appreciated. There appear to be three areas that need gaskets. I received only two, both round. The third hole is oblong w/no gasket that shape? Do I need the large "doughnut type" gaskets between anything? Lastly there is a open port for the (I am assuming) 02 sensor, I thought that was further back not on the Cat? Oops, what size bolts and any recommendation, mine are completely rusted away.

Thanks

Vince
Old 02-12-2003, 11:17 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Vince, I just replace my cat w/ a euro premuffler, and I'm assuming your bypass pipe would be the same (mine's an '88). You'll need three different gaskets...one for heat exchanger to the bypass, one for the crossover pipe to the bypass, and one for the bypass to the muffler. I don't have the part #s handy, but if you'll do a search on Pelican, you should find the recent thread. Hope this helps...
Old 02-12-2003, 11:20 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a link:

<a href="http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81409&highlight=premuffler+gasket%2A" target="_blank">http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81409&highlight=premuffler+gasket%2A</a>
Old 02-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Bill W.
Advanced

KC'88
I'm interested in replacing the Cat w/ the Euro pre-muffler too. How did your replacement go and did you notice an improvement in seat-of-pants dyno and or the sound output? Aside from the Fabspeed did you investigate other mfgrs?

In DE we have emissions testing but they didn't look for a cat, they just stuck the probe up the tailpipe. My car's readings were very low on their scale and this was before it was tuned up so hopefully she'll have no problem passing again in another 2 yrs.

Thanks,
Bill W.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:27 PM
lostinatl
Instructor

Found the link and yes I only have the two gaskets. I will get the other. What about the hole, is that for the 02 sensor? Why is the other port on the pipe oblong...is the other gasket oblong or round?

Quick Reply: Bypass pipe installation questions