Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Airbox question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 08:58 PM
jdogporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No toes stepped on! At least not mine :-) I will take your advice and have the shop get the part and do the work. I will also take care of that battery compartment. Please keep your fingers crossed that there is nothing else needing to be replaced! As I have stated, she has been sitting for 6 years, so it is a bit of a crap shoot.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Naitove
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdogporsche

Here is a question. If I am getting the Air Box replaced, the throttle lever bell crank bushings on top of the engine, the crankcase breather hose (to the crankcase), a new air filter, fuel filter, oil filter and oil as well as new wires, cap & rotor, along with new plugs, intake runner sleeves, throttle body o-ring, injector o-rings & sleeves and last but not least a new battery.... how much am I looking at spending? Anyone know? Just a rough guesstimate. Trying to prepare the wife :-) I was thinking around $2000-$2500.

Thanks all!
Why not contact John Walker in Seattle. Very good and very reasonable. Stirling reputation. http://www.johnwalkersworkshop.com/
Old 09-07-2006, 09:01 PM
jdogporsche
Racer

Been there done that. John has no room in his garage for anything taking more than a day. I had an appointment scheduled with John for last Tuesday, but when I spoke with him he said that he has no parking or anywhere to keep a car more than a day. He was thinking it may take longer if he has to replace any fuel lines as well as the air box, etc.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:27 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,135 Likes on 811 Posts

I just did my battery compartment1. remove battery
2. Wash down with a solution of water and baking soda to neutralize any acid.
3. scrape any rust off and pull up any rubber liner material that has bubbled ( has acid or rusted metal underneath .
4. Tape off and spray with battery box liner , or bedliner , or high quality rubber rock guard. Do not use the ashpalt based stuff as it never seams to harden up enough.

Will look brand new when you are done.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:50 PM
jdogporsche
Racer

Thanks for the tips! I will definately do that this weekend!

Quick Reply: Airbox question...