About a 911 R replica

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 03:32 PM
giuliano
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post About a 911 R replica

Hello everybody!
I am an italian porsche fan, my 3 porsches are totally original, but I think that a WELL DECLARED replica of a VERY RARE model could be acceptable.
So I am thinking about a 911 R, which came out in 19 (or 20 ?) exemplares between 67 and 68 for the 68 MY.
I did source the donor car, a pretty good white 912 of '68 MY with some mechanical problems but essentially original and not rusty.
I also did source the fiberglass parts that have to go on the car (from an american company).

Now, before I decide to buy the donor car and put myself in the adventure, I would like to know if someone already did experience something like that and particularly wich could be the problems for correctly registering a 912 with a 911 motor and some external modifications (the lights). I know that here in Italy this could be an almost infeasible job... but in the rest of Europe ?

Thanks for any answer.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:27 PM
curtisaa
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning...BTW, my mom was born in Naples. Your 912 donor would be fine but keep in mind a few details. First the motor mounts are different in a 912 VS 911. Also, the oil fill would be in the 1972 911 position, and third gas fill would be thru the front deck lid. I have also wanted to try a similar project. My suggestion would be to find a 72 911 donor car. I know it will be a long WB car, but for practical uses (driving fast and hard)you will enjoy the benefits. Good luck

Quick Reply: About a 911 R replica