Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1970 911t for sale in Tuxedo NY

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006 | 04:46 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Nice!!

I really like the color and rims. Does it have a graphite grey interior since the top is grey?
Old 08-28-2006 | 04:51 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by riad
Nice!!

I really like the color and rims. Does it have a graphite grey interior since the top is grey?
Thanks! Interior is light grey. I love the color scheme too. Should look nice when I install clear side markers and clear rear tail lamps. I'm so-so on the wheels, but they'll be fine for now. ..'cept they'll be a bi7ch to clean..

I actually pick the car up tonight, as the finance guy was "out sick" on Saturday. Here are some shots from the dealer's ad...
Attached Images    
Old 08-28-2006 | 07:54 PM
VinnyC
Racer

Looks like a nice original car. I'm curious about the price as well.
Old 08-29-2006 | 10:30 PM
onlycafe
Advanced

was told today by george[car lot owner] that car is original paint, rust free body, few mechanical issues, has had chain tensioner upgrade, might need clutch. etc. looking for around $18k. do i need a third 911?
Old 08-29-2006 | 11:29 PM
racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by Doug&Julie
...but hey, don't worry about that Boxster. I went ahead and bougt one this weekend...
You like your Boxsters don't you. I thought you just sold a "T" and bought an SC. Must be fun at your house
Old 08-30-2006 | 08:05 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by racer
You like your Boxsters don't you. I thought you just sold a "T" and bought an SC. Must be fun at your house
Fun until you see my bank account...

Yeah, I decided the SC wasn't "it", so I bought a Boxster. And the SC is for sale. (..although I haven't placed an ad anywhere or anything yet..)

$18k for that old 911?!?!? Wow, I thought I overpaid for my Boxster...no way it's worth that much. Not with mechanical issues. I just sold my 1970 911 for...well...a little more than half of that. (..and struggled too do so..)
Old 08-30-2006 | 08:59 AM
Scott5
Instructor

I can't render on opinion on tha valuation figure, but that car looks great - at least in the picture. I have a 911T with a new, top class re-paint in red, but that Tuxedo car just looks much more "right" to me... patina, or something I guess.

Thanks for checking the price out for me!
Old 08-30-2006 | 02:31 PM
onlycafe
Advanced

i don't know if it will work on a dealer but you might get someone to throw a lowball at him and make a reasonable offer look good.
Old 08-30-2006 | 08:48 PM
racer
Drifting

Seems "early-car-itis" has hit. Anyone with a Long Hood thinks they are $20K cars. ugh.
Old 08-30-2006 | 08:49 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

What would a good price range be for that car?
Old 08-30-2006 | 09:26 PM
racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by riad
What would a good price range be for that car?
Condition is everything in an old car. The other component is what a buyer is searching for... restoration project? RS clone? Perhaps simply an original, unmolested, rust free car. The long hood cars are approaching the age where simply put, collectors/investors are entering the fray. When that happens, they drive up the price of even the worst condition cars because someone is looking to make a profit. Being Porsches, many LH cars have been improved along their lives - Larger brakes, larger motors, turned into racecars etc. Maybe a 4spd, low optioned, chrome/steel wheeled "T" is rare.

While the comments about the simple little "T" that started this thread are vague (someone mentioned, "mechanical issues".. WTH does that really mean? Motor is seized? brake calipers need rebuilding? transmission synchros are shot?).

Perhaps if more was known about the car and its true condition I would feel better about the "near 20K offering price".
Old 08-30-2006 | 10:48 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Condition is everything in an old car. The other component is what a buyer is searching for... restoration project? RS clone? Perhaps simply an original, unmolested, rust free car. The long hood cars are approaching the age where simply put, collectors/investors are entering the fray. When that happens, they drive up the price of even the worst condition cars because someone is looking to make a profit. Being Porsches, many LH cars have been improved along their lives - Larger brakes, larger motors, turned into racecars etc. Maybe a 4spd, low optioned, chrome/steel wheeled "T" is rare.

While the comments about the simple little "T" that started this thread are vague (someone mentioned, "mechanical issues".. WTH does that really mean? Motor is seized? brake calipers need rebuilding? transmission synchros are shot?).

Perhaps if more was known about the car and its true condition I would feel better about the "near 20K offering price".
Thanks, and I agree. I don't want to ask too many questions because I'll wind up buying the car and getting a divorce lawyer at the same time.
Old 08-31-2006 | 08:57 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Even as a longhood, I can't see that car worth more than $10k. Not if it needs work. In concours condition, I might see it at $20k, but it sounds like it's a ways from that.
Old 08-31-2006 | 09:43 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

When a dealer says he thinks the clutch is bad and the car has "some other mechanical issues" and is asking $18K, that's enough for me- no more details needed to take a pass If the car were worth anywhere near that you would think the dealer would address something as major as a clutch!

Quick Reply: 1970 911t for sale in Tuxedo NY