911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 SC Ride Height and Camber settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006 | 05:33 PM
der Mond
Racer

Thanks, Pete. The Bilstien inserts have a threaded seal for the lower strut that looks like it needs a special spanner to tighten down. Someone said the new inserts come with a tool to tighten it but they don't. Pipe wrench OK?
Old 08-30-2006 | 06:06 PM
criv911
Track Day

If 32 degrees is euro ride height + or - how much will each degree change ride height [assuming stock torsion bars]
Old 08-30-2006 | 07:52 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

criv: One degree will change ride height approximately between 7 and 9 mm, but be aware that change is based on using the method of measurement that requires finding center of the wheel, center of the torsion bar end tube, and measuring the distance between them.

der Mond: When you order Bilstein inserts for Bilstein struts you get a special tool. Bilstein inserts for Boges you don't. In lieu of a proper spanner I would guess that most of the inserts in the world have had their cap nuts tightened with a pipe wrench or a large water pump type plier (my set measures about 16" from closed jaw tip to handle tip - I can't remember if it's SnapOn or one of the three or four Craftsman tools in my tool box!). To loosen those cap nuts I have a large punch that I ground the tip on until it fits the notches properly, and I hit it with a very heavy hammer.
Cheers!
Pete

Quick Reply: 911 SC Ride Height and Camber settings