Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

ALARM PROBLEM..PLEASE ADVISE

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 03:11 PM
nyturbo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALARM PROBLEM..PLEASE ADVISE

having first issue with 1988 930 TURBO SLANT need advice please..the wires (three of them) that enter into driver door that are enclosed in rubber sheaths are rubbing and the top wire is exposed and might have a short..i started car this am and no problem. When i opened door to exit the alarm triggered and went off after 30 secs. I put the special alarm key in door panel, turned to deactivate but alarm is staying active. Can't start car now b/c alarm staying activated....is there anyth ing short of removing door and checking wires i can do just to get car to start. Can there be a short in wire enclosed in rubber sheaths that won't allow me to deactivate alarm now? TIA
Old 08-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Sounds like an aftermarket alarm, most of those things are crap and you'll do yourself a favor by ripping it out. They cause nothing but problems, especially older ones from the 80s like on your car. I don't think anyone can help you anyway because nobody knows what kind of alarm it is, how it was installed, if it was installed right, etc. I have seen some horrible Mickey Mouse installations on these cars. Sorry!

---

Chris

Quick Reply: ALARM PROBLEM..PLEASE ADVISE